GM certified front camera

Here's the link to the piece.  It is made by Echomaster and the instructions PDF is under Downloads.  Looks pretty simple.  Just press and hold the BACK button on the radio to activate.
https://echomaster.com/catalog/all-products/fc-gmoeff-hd

Gotcha - So this leverages the Echomaster Intellihaul setup. Was hoping for a solution to integrate a front camera only that works just like the reverse camera, without having to get the interface module that Intellihaul comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Gotcha - So this leverages the Echomaster Intellihaul setup. Was hoping for a solution to integrate a front camera only that works just like the reverse camera, without having to get the interface module that Intellihaul comes with.

Yeah.  A simpler interface would be nice.  Someone needs to make a cable that interrupts the input to the screen via a trigger and offers a composite input.  That's how we used to add video inputs to BMWs and the such several years ago.  There was a company called NAV-TV that made them.  But apparently since it's a truck they want to make more complicated towing options instead. 

• Like 1

Yeah.  A simpler interface would be nice.  Someone needs to make a cable that interrupts the input to the screen via a trigger and offers a composite input.  That's how we used to add video inputs to BMWs and the such several years ago.  There was a company called NAV-TV that made them.  But apparently since it's a truck they want to make more complicated towing options instead. 

This is EXACTLY what I was looking to achieve.

• Like 1

Take a look at the link below. I spoke to Wes with ADC Mobile for almost 45 minutes yesterday, and after the conversation I felt confident in not only the product but how simple the installation process would be. 

It's true it's not as easy as just plugging one cable in to interfere, but it's not that much tougher. You unscrew the glovebox compartment to access, run one wire from the driver's side junction box for power and one wire through an existing grommet on the passenger side of the firewall to the front for the power to the front camera.

This kit also includes the ability to play ANYTHING via an HDMI input, potential to pull these cameras up while driving (just adds a 3rd menu page in its entirety), and for $80 you can purchase their front camera, $80 for a set of sideview mirror cameras, and $169 for a 3rd brakelight replacement camera or wireless towing camera. The front cam you can set up to be active in Drive while you're under a certain speed and the sideview cameras are pre-set to activate in unison with your turn signals.

He indicated because of the utility and ease of this product for the Silverado/Sierras, he sells more of these than all of his other products combined! Seems like the results speak for themselves.

ADC Mobile Camera Set-Up

If I take in my truck for them to install this and they see I have added led front turn signals and resistors, will they void my warranty?

Magnusson-Moss act requires the dealer to show a CLEAR link between any issue you are having and modifications you’ve made to your vehicle in order to void that particular warranty coverage.

For example, your resistors may void any warranty claims you have in the future if you have a turn signal bulb socket/wiring issues and you want it replaced under warranty but it won’t void your warranty if your OEM struts break in half while under warranty.

Warranty isn’t an all or nothing, it’s a lot of little pieces.

• Like 1

Magnusson-Moss act requires the dealer to show a CLEAR link between any issue you are having and modifications you’ve made to your vehicle in order to void that particular warranty coverage.

For example, your resistors may void any warranty claims you have in the future if you have a turn signal bulb socket/wiring issues and you want it replaced under warranty but it won’t void your warranty if your OEM struts break in half while under warranty.

Warranty isn’t an all or nothing, it’s a lot of little pieces.

Thank you