GM certified front camera

14 minutes ago, PAPER said:

do you have the part # to the module ???

The kit with the front camera is a few posts above.  The model # is FC-GMS-TC for the module. 

Edited by Jchoi

In the 4th pic you can see the module that’s mounted on top of a bracket over the CD player....completely plug and play with all connectors included. It’s actually a GM part number. Warranty even states 3yr 36k from date of purchase. 
The other things that’s nice about this is all the connectors are there to add the  additional cameras should you choose to. There are several more available....the tow mirror cameras might be in my future. 

Can you describe how the camera works? Is it similar to how the rear camera works (put it in reverse and the camera automatically activates.) something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, FleetBoy said:

Can you describe how the camera works? Is it similar to how the rear camera works (put it in reverse and the camera automatically activates.) something like that?

Press and hold the back button for a second. Press it again to return to menu. 

• Like 1

Press and hold the back button for a second. Press it again to return to menu. 

To use the camera you have to press the back button? Is that any only available at low speeds?

6 minutes ago, FleetBoy said:

To use the camera you have to press the back button? Is that any only available at low speeds?

The back button on the radio. Not restricted to low speeds I don’t think. I’ve had it on when I was on the highway. 

The back button on the radio. Not restricted to low speeds I don’t think. I’ve had it on when I was on the highway. 

That doesn’t sound bad at all. The only thing better would be it coming on automatically at really low speeds such as in a parking lot.
Thanks for the info

46 minutes ago, FleetBoy said:

That doesn’t sound bad at all. The only thing better would be it coming on automatically at really low speeds such as in a parking lot.
Thanks for the info

I’m sure there’s a way. I just wanted the GM part so it would work well with existing electronics. I’m also contemplating adding the tow mirror cameras eventually, and they work seamlessly with this system. 

• Like 1

I got it for 399 because I have 20% off all accessories for being apart of the Chevy legend club

Now that you’ve had your front camera for awhile... have figured out a way to have the camera automatically come on at low speeds?

4 hours ago, FleetBoy said:

Now that you’ve had your front camera for awhile... have figured out a way to have the camera automatically come on at low speeds?

Well, I’ve only had it for a few weeks, and I haven’t figured out  if that’s an option. I’m sure it’s possible, but I don’t know about this kit. This is the intellihaul echomaster GM part. 

Well, I’ve only had it for a few weeks, and I haven’t figured out  if that’s an option. I’m sure it’s possible, but I don’t know about this kit. This is the intellihaul echomaster GM part. 

Ok thanks. If you do find out maybe you can update us all

• 2 weeks later...

Just another “does it do this” to think about:

On the modules that have a right/left cam triggered by the turn signal, does anyone know if the “3-flash momentary” lane-change will trigger its side cam? Or does the directional have to be actually engaged with the stick clicked into position? Not a big deal either way, just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just ordered the front camera kit today with that 5% discount, excited to get this on as it will help a lot with parking in tight spots in the city for sure!

Any updates?