thinking about selling what should i price it at

i have a 2014 1500 rally edition. has 22 inch factory black wheels,katzkin leather,soft bed cover,black on black, full middle console,65,500 miles,no problems at all, great paint and showroom clean, v8, illuminated front bowtie,aftermarket winjet led headlights , have originals to throw in . what would be a fair asking price thx

Go to carmax and have them appraise it. Doubt you’ll see a return on any of those mods unless you return to stock and sell them on the side.

Add $2k onto the carmax offer and that’s what you should expect private sale wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I trust Kelley Blue Book for used vehicle pricing. They don't have an option for "Rally Edition" so I made some guesses, but I came up with $32,000 for private sale. (trade in around $29,000)

you can ask for any price you want. If you get no interest then you know its too high.

And waterfowler41 is spot on about the mods. No one is going to pay you full price for all your add-ons. Since you kept the OEM parts, put them back on and get your mods listed separately. Otherwise, you will be losing some money on those. or at best, you can negotiate those items with a prospective buyer and only include the items they want to pay extra for.

48 minutes ago, wildwilly1 said:

yeah thats what i was thinking i might put it on craigslist for 34,9 and see if i get any bites as you say i can always lower it but cant go up

4x4 or 2x4?

6.2 or 5.3? 

Honestly you're looking at $30-32k.  Won't get any extra for your aftermarket parts, since they're not highly valued.  Wheels are your best add-ons, but required to drive.

And yours being a 2014...if I was in the market for a truck in the $30-32k range, I'd go for a brand new 2017 or lightly used 2016...since they are also the same price.

I bought my nicely loaded Texas edition in 12-31-13 for 27K new. I’ve seen new 17s for not much more. I got 22K trade in with 28K miles on it 18 months later.

15 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I bought my nicely loaded Texas edition in 12-31-13 for 27K new. I’ve seen new 17s for not much more. I got 22K trade in with 28K miles on it 18 months later.

4wd? crew cab? those options add a lot of value over a 2wd regular cab model. make sure we're comparing apples to apples.

4wd? crew cab? those options add a lot of value over a 2wd regular cab model. make sure we're comparing apples to apples.

Double cab, 342 posi, remote start, bed lights, 5.3 E-85, color match, puddle lights, bed liner, so no it wasn’t a V6 single cab work truck.

Depends on the cab configuration, but with 65k miles and a 2014, pricing somewhere would be well below the 30k mark. I’d say in the 25-28k range. I wouldn’t expect anything from the mods either. They don’t add value. 

I got my 14 2 years ago. Crew cab, 4x4, 34k miles, full console and a few other things for under 32. 

I just looked up my trucks value. 2015 GMC Sierra Z714x4 5.3 SLE with 25k miles, running boards, bed liner, towing package, etc. $30,500 for very good, and $31,5000 for excellent condition. For $34,900 you can almost get a brand new one with all the current rebates and stuff, but to each their own. Good luck with sale. 

its a 4x4 extended cab 5.3 i didnt say i would get 34,900 but i can start there and hopefully get 30-32k. if i put it online for 500 dollars someone idiot would offer me 300 so start high and lower when needed has always been my way to sell

26 minutes ago, wildwilly1 said:

if i put it online for 500 dollars someone idiot would offer me 300 so start high and lower when needed has always been my way to sell

Bingo. Selling is all about who has the power. If you are in no rush to sell it, you can wait for a sucker to come along. If you need cash tomorrow, you become the sucker and have to sell it dirt cheap. I always ask for at least 10% more than what I think I'll get on craigslist. Then when I come down a bit they are happy with the price and I still get what I want.

For all those saying they got brand new trucks for 35,000, I'm guessing that is before tax, title, etc. Most of these new trucks are much closer to 40,000 out the door. Unless I'm way off base. Of course, the numbers are different if you are trading up, I guess.

The biggest difference is I get some kind of warranty or at least peace of mind when I buy a 3 year old truck from a dealership. They have to inspect everything. When I buy it straight from wild willy for a pile of cash, I'm taking a gamble that nothing is defective. I think that affects people's opinion of a price too.

Archived