2016 Tire Replacement

Good info, they are paying and I can put anything back on within reason cost wise.

I usually research tires for a year or so following up to when I know I will need to replace them.

Those running the Cooper AT3 how much of a ding in fuel mileage have you noticed? I really want to keep getting north of 22 on road trips when I am not towing.

The only two factors that have made me not order the Alenza yet are that I really like the look of my truck with White Letters and they don't offer many that way and that I think I will be off road a little more than with my previous 2WD truck. No wheeling but I can see myself getting into more interesting boat ramp situations knowing I have 4x4. I would avoid gravel/sandy/earth based boat ramps with the 2WD but not with this truck.

The Alenza also towed/hauled excellent being that it is an Eco based SUV tire. I just don't want to be dropping from 22-23 highway down to 19-20 highway just because of a tire swap.

Thanks again for all the info. 

Went with the Alenza HL Plus as much as I wanted to put white letters back on it. The reviews are great and my personal experience was fantastic. My 2WD handled 3-6 inches of snow just fine without weight in the bed with those tires. Never had a storm bigger than that and I used to live on a city street they didn't plow or salt. Snow events these days are few and far between in central Indiana.

Wet traction/handling/towing were also great with them and I got 56K out of them with good tread left but I had a screw in one tire that was not repairable and it didn't make sense to put on a fresh tire with 3 well worn tires so I replaced. I think  I could have squeezed 65000 out of them. That is well short of the 80K warranty but I tow a lot and haul heavy in the bed frequently. 

Thanks for the help fellas, I will let you know how the feel on the Chevy. My Dodge had 20s but i calculated the difference in sidewall height to only be .6" going from the 18" size Chevy Spec to the 20" Dodge spec. I was worried if there was a large increase in sidewall size it would effect towing/handling feel but with around a half inch extra I am not too concerned. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: The Bridgestone Alenza HL plus is a fantastic tire. I just got my truck back Friday after two weeks. The gain in wet traction is absurd over the Goodyear. The tire has just slightly more road noise on some surfaces than the stock tire.

It has a little stiffer ride but somehow makes the front suspension less harsh? Maybe it doesn't get as much sidewall deflection on bumps and causes the front suspension to bounce up less?

Overall even the slightly stiffer ride it has a much much more predictable ride over a ton of different surfaces. A better ride I would say. Handling/braking is improved as well. Much more confident feeling. 

Was also able to get it in white letters to boot. I would say anyone who needs mostly on road and snow traction/towing this is the tire to get. I always had great luck on other vehicles with it and it continues here.

Now for the dealer, they ran an impact gun onto two of the lug holes in the brand new set of wheels. I don't really want to be a dick about it but I think I am going to with how long it took them and how poorly they handled warranty work before my truck became a "priority" with the stolen wheels. Not to mention the HVAC was still making the same noise when returned. I fixed it in the driveway in about 30 minutes.....

Looking at the Nitto Ridge Grappler and Terra Grappler and Goodyear Duratrac for my 2015 Sierra. Mostly around town and highway driving. Mostly worried about that ‘highway hum’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived