• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      4/18/18

General Motors has announced today that Johan de Nysschen is "leaving the company immediately."  

de Nysschen came to Cadillac from Infiniti and was famously responsible for the brands advantageous and controversial renaming. He then proceeded to do the same at Cadillac, renaming all of their cars and struggling with sales of the once leading luxury brand. 

Steve Carlisle has been named as Senior Vice President of General Motors and President of Cadillac moving forward. 
    • By Josh_perry24
      Hey!  As the title states, I have a standard/regular cab 2014 Silverado.  I'm looking for a set of new or near new chrome door handles,  Key on one or both sides, I guess it doesn't really matter.  Would also consider buying a full set of 4 if the price was right, though I only need the two.  Thanks for any offers!
    • By Tyler Sywyk
      Hello, I own an 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel Crew Cab Long box pick up, it's throwing a display message, but not giving me any codes, the message is service trailer brake system, it used to show that message and then I had it brought into the shop the second of July and they replaced the trailer break relay in the rear, had to change out some eye connectors at the fuse box. They also replaced the fuse. Worked great again from then to about a three weeks ago and this was including an 11 000km trip towing the trailer, it brought the message up again. The truck had been sitting and driven every once and a while, a bit of idling this winter as well, but no towing. so I replaced the fuse because it looked blown. After replaced it work fine again no more message thought maybe wet weather caused it. Now unfortunately now again yesterday I went to use it again and the message comes up, it was just recently used a few days ago and no message, today we have some dense fog as well as some rain. I think it only happens when it rains heavy or fog.. I am not entirely sure on that though. I replaced the fuse in the fuse box for the (ITBC) The one I changed out before to get it to work, and this time it did not work and nothing changed on the dash message still up.  I can more than easily replace the Relay without any issues, but I don't want to do that if it is just going to create the exact same issue. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Also on a side note, whenever I start the truck it puts out grey smoke until it has warmed up passed about 79-85 degrees Celcius (174F-187F), which is normally after driving for about 5 mins 10 at most or letting it high idle until that temp, it also does smoke when driving until warmed up. it never puts out black or blue smoke. Its grey, just as it is on a cold day in a gas engine. today we've reached the highest temp lately about 8 degrees Celcius and it still smoked. It never did this in the summer or fall just after it got cold. So I am just wondering if this is normal or if something is causing this to happen when it shouldn't be. Could it be something  as simple as it needing an oil change? Or also does it need a long drive at highway speed to deal with burn cleaning the DPF? I am a new owner to this pickup, and it is my first year with it so I am new to diesel's and don't know what to expect from them.

Any help Is much appreciated!

• By Leviaaronjones
      I've got a 2014 5.3L Silverado and yes it has the AFM I want it gone but for now I have to deal with it. I had a flowmaster 40 series installed and resonator cut off, and it is very quiet. I see no flapper valve so I am assuming that he cut it off to (which I was unaware of a flapper valve at the time). My question is, why is it so quiet? Does the AFM make that big of a difference In sound even when in v8? Is the flapper valve still there? Did the guy do something to make the truck quieter (we had a small disagreement while he was installing the system, and after he was done he said "if you ever want it louder we can cut off the 3rd cat"). Any help is greatly appreciated and I am going to try and put pics in the comments cuz it will not let me in the the post.
    • By highspeedvehicle
      Just thought I'd share this letter I recieved from GM Canada today. I don't have this issue but I hope it could help others that paid for a repair in recouping your hard earned cash on an obvious manufacturer defect.