Cashflow

Installing OEM Cab roof lights?

Hello all, 

I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a 2017 Sierra 2500 crew cab. Its an SLE that came well optioned but did not include the LED cab roof light package. I understand the older trucks had round holes under the lights which are easy to drill and install. But these newer cab lights like on my truck have a square plug which is harder to cut and makes the install more difficult. Since I'm starting with a clean slate I wondered if anyone has purchased the older style cab lights/harness and installed them on a newer truck? I believe they look similar otherwise but not sure about the wiring. I want to keep the OEM look and avoid going with anything aftermarket. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

• Like 1

I'd do a search for the thread on here recently that discussed adding the roof top lights.  

6 hours ago, Cashflow said:

Hello all, 

I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a 2017 Sierra 2500 crew cab. Its an SLE that came well optioned but did not include the LED cab roof light package. I understand the older trucks had round holes under the lights which are easy to drill and install. But these newer cab lights like on my truck have a square plug which is harder to cut and makes the install more difficult. Since I'm starting with a clean slate I wondered if anyone has purchased the older style cab lights/harness and installed them on a newer truck? I believe they look similar otherwise but not sure about the wiring. I want to keep the OEM look and avoid going with anything aftermarket. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Welcome to this forum!  I agree with bndawgs that a search will bring up several results to discussions about roof lights. However,  I don't recall much talk about using older oem lights that require round mounting holes.  This may offer some new comments on this topic.  I think cab lights look good and would consider adding them if the install was a little easier!

• Like 1

just installed mine, used this:

This link says page does not exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's mine.......I used the 07.5 to 13 style lights......just drilled round holes and silicone the heck out of them and the screws. :)  

17 hours ago, Spastik Monkey said:

Were there marks on the bottom side of the roof for locating the lights?

Nope, got to do good old fashion measuring.