Raptor-Style Amber Grill Lights

Light bar into the fog lights is a nice touch, smart.  And the upper ones are pretty much on all the time then, right?  That's what I'm hoping for.

I'm a complete newbie with electrical stuff more or less so bear with me.

3 minutes ago, Western96 said:

Light bar into the fog lights is a nice touch, smart.  And the upper ones are pretty much on all the time then, right?  That's what I'm hoping for.

What he did was place all 5 lights onto the grille and wire them together. Then you take the closest one to either side of the headlight, find the parking lamp wire and splice the positive into the parking lamps. Then you ground the other wire. I'm basing all this on the assumption that the lights are only positive and negative.

• Thanks 1

Not a problem, I totally understand. Yes sir that’s correct. I’m not sure if your truck is the same as mine, but I’ve noticed during the daytime the parking lights don’t come on with the daytime running lights but when it gets dark they do, so the grille lights of course will be on then. Which in the daytime unless you’re right in front of it they are hard to see. But in the night time they will definitely bring a smile on your face lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

What he did was place all 5 lights onto the grille and wire them together. Then you take the closest one to either side of the headlight, find the parking lamp wire and splice the positive into the parking lamps. Then you ground the other wire. I'm basing all this on the assumption that the lights are only positive and negative.

Correct, there is only two wires. I did the driver side headlight because it’s WAY easier to access when everything is said and done

• Like 1

I went ahead and bought a few of these when I saw your first post, but haven't figured out where to put them on my Sierra grill yet (different spacing/holes and all that), do they are still sitting in my toolbox [emoji53]

I went ahead and bought a few of these when I saw your first post, but haven't figured out where to put them on my Sierra grill yet (different spacing/holes and all that), do they are still sitting in my toolbox [emoji53]

Do you have a picture of your grille?

It's just a typical Sierra SLT grille. I was going to try and put them at the top right between the thick chrome surround and the top of the three grill oblongs, but they are too wide to fit there. And I'm not so sure I want to put a plastic piece all the way across the oblong section right above the GMC. Perhaps I'll drop a little piece of plastic down into the gap, just enough for each LED. afc0679fe6ff363f43a96449282c51af.jpg

It's just a typical Sierra SLT grille. I was going to try and put them at the top right between the thick chrome surround and the top of the three grill oblongs, but they are too wide to fit there. And I'm not so sure I want to put a plastic piece all the way across the oblong section right above the GMC. Perhaps I'll drop a little piece of plastic down into the gap, just enough for each LED. afc0679fe6ff363f43a96449282c51af.jpg

That’s what I’d suggest, to prevent headache I would also get everything measured and marked, then drill them before you put them on the grille. But that’s exactly what’s I’d do. Make some some little squares that come down just enough for the led to fit in.

3 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

That’s what I’d suggest, to prevent headache I would also get everything measured and marked, then drill them before you put them on the grille. But that’s exactly what’s I’d do. Make some some little squares that come down just enough for the led to fit in.

What, you don't like the wing it method of drill thrice, measure never?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

Lmao I’ve wasted too many cuss words on that method emoji23.png

Now that you got grill lights. What's next ????  looks good

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

Thank you!! And I’m thinking either an aftermarket hood, or a rear bumper, plus I still need to have the roof light bar installed, it is currently collecting dust lol

WHEN installed  need photo's . Please . Note - you will get a wind noise from the light bar .  

• Like 1