In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Western96

Raptor-Style Amber Grill Lights

I just did the amber pod lights on my 02 2500hd.  The kit came with 4 pods but only used 3 to space it out some.  As far as brightness, they are pretty bright at night.  I may put a yellow tint film/protector over them just to tone them down.  I wired them directly to existing wiring for LED lights I have inside the cab that switch on/off with a cigarette lighter switch.

file-37.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, Tech510 said:

20190307_223324.jpg

That be a lot of lights! Cool!

Edited by RoarinRow

Thanks RoarinRow, I also have the led foglights. . from headlightrevolution.com.. highly recommend them.. 

3 minutes ago, Tech510 said:

Thanks RoarinRow, I also have the led foglights. . from headlightrevolution.com.. highly recommend them.. 

What are those lights that you used in the grille? Great looking rig.

Thanks Farmerman, they are f150 lights from f150leds.com.. they are super easy to install.. 90 bucks, they arent the round ones, they are like a rectangle light.. double sided tape, super strong.. and you can make them close together or spread them apart.. comes with 2 connectors to splice them in power and ground wire.. I just wanted something easy to install, so I went with these..

My grill is updated too, ill take pics in the daytime so it'll be better to look at..

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 9:46 AM, Sean006 said:

Did you ever mount these in that spot ? 

If so can you post pics ?

man i never got around to it.. still sitting in a box! lol.. .. .ended up getting into RC cars..lol

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, Tech510 said:

Very cool.  Yeah my fogs are HIDs to match my low beam HIDs.  I did however put LED in the high beams because when I need to flash someone I don't want to have to wait for the beams to be fully ignited lol.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:53 PM, Farmerman1379 said:

What are those lights that you used in the grille? Great looking rig.

I got them from Amazon here. I figured I give them a try.  They had good reviews and the quality was better than what I expected. Just note the wiring in the back of the pods are not flat with the base.  So you can't really put them on a flat surface and have the wire come off to the side without modding the rubber base.

Posted (edited)

That looks awesome Tech510. I’m always trying to do a Close Encounters of the Third Kind with my vehicles. My camaro had grille, trunk and footwell lights. There’s a lot you can do with a truck. On my initial install I set off the computer in my Silverado because the light strip interfered with the grille vent closure mechanism so I had to adjust and reset the computer. I got my light strip from diodedynamics and fixed it to the back of an aluminum channel I got from homedepot and slid it behind the grille then fastened it. I wired it to the fog light fuse so that it only comes on when I hit the fogs. I also placed a couple of strips on the roll rack and have two red strips wired behind the rack which I may just hook to the tail light running wire. 

BFD7D67B-52AB-4F9D-A240-9678B086FD7A.jpeg

Edited by Ravenvoyager
  • Like 6

On 3/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, Ravenvoyager said:

That looks awesome Tech510. I’m always trying to do a Close Encounters of the Third Kind with my vehicles. My camaro had grille, trunk and footwell lights. There’s a lot you can do with a truck. On my initial install I set off the computer in my Silverado because the light strip interfered with the grille vent closure mechanism so I had to adjust and reset the computer. I got my light strip from diodedynamics and fixed it to the back of an aluminum channel I got from homedepot and slid it behind the grille then fastened it. I wired it to the fog light fuse so that it only comes on when I hit the fogs. I also placed a couple of strips on the roll rack and have two red strips wired behind the rack which I may just hook to the tail light running wire. 

BFD7D67B-52AB-4F9D-A240-9678B086FD7A.jpeg

Sweet truck Ravenvoyager!!! Looks mean! 

Installed this tonight.. 50" single row roughcountry black series lightbar..

20190321_185712.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tech510 said:

Installed this tonight.. 50" single row roughcountry black series lightbar..

20190321_185712.jpg

Oh yeah!!! I’d say you pegged it. I like how you blended everything. You have your ambers line a crossed at the top and your whites lined along the bottom. That is a sweet looking truck!

5 hours ago, Ravenvoyager said:

Oh yeah!!! I’d say you pegged it. I like how you blended everything. You have your ambers line a crossed at the top and your whites lined along the bottom. That is a sweet looking truck!

Look's Good - Any Day Photo's ?? Is that mounted on top of the bumper ?