In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
arkenzo

Who's got Fender Flares ?

13 hours ago, Silverado17 said:

Yeah south Texas here but the point of flares is to protect paint. Not cut right through it lol. Guess the only solution is clear film where the fender and body meets. Thing is, what film? 

I plan on using some black silicone to hold them against the body. I've read about others using a similar method, and they say it works really well.

On 11/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, carnau said:

I thought I had posted in this. I must not have. At the dealership I work at we use the Tyger flares and I like them because they don't add very much to the inside of the fender well which allows you to put a bigger tire on without the fear of ripping the flare off. If you buy a rough country set you are buying the name. It's just like a Yeti cooler vrs a K2 cooler. Same exact cooler... different name. If you want to say you have a rough country set... then get those. But if you want to save money and have the same quality and look. Get the Tyger's. You can also buy them on Amazon and if you have prime get them in two days with the free shipping. 

http://amzn.to/2zUN0G1

61YWGETpgpL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.e52152b4cc6697b97ab01f2c6c884270.jpg

Have you done any of these flares with mud flaps as well?

3 hours ago, J-rod_5114 said:

Have you done any of these flares with mud flaps as well?

I have not. I have put the mud flaps on. But not the flares and flaps. Not that I think it would be a problem. It uses the 13mm under it and two self tapping screws on the inside of the well.

Have a pair of EGR flares paint matched Summit White on the way for my crew cab short box.

Also have gator back mud flaps coming for them that will have a 1.5 off set.

Plan on it looking pretty aggressive.

Once here and on, will post photos.

On 11/26/2017 at 3:48 PM, Penguin VII said:

To clarify, shorter bed, not shorter cab. I've got the 5'8" bed and from the sound of it I'll have to trim where the gas cap is myself.

I know this is a while back, but I'm 90% sure the issue with those who gave a bad review is that they ordered the set for the 'standard' box instead of ordering the 'short' box which would have the cutout. The set I ordered (thru warehouse deals, like 30% off!) had all those same reviews but the top of the listing stated they were only for standard box. Tyger may not make the short box version, but I would imagine they do, and would then have the gas cap cutout.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:55 AM, CO-Stark said:

I know this is a while back, but I'm 90% sure the issue with those who gave a bad review is that they ordered the set for the 'standard' box instead of ordering the 'short' box which would have the cutout. The set I ordered (thru warehouse deals, like 30% off!) had all those same reviews but the top of the listing stated they were only for standard box. Tyger may not make the short box version, but I would imagine they do, and would then have the gas cap cutout.

According to the photos on Amazon, it does have the gas cap cutout.

I plan on ordering some after I get my tires and wheels taken care of.