Leveling kits for 1”

I went from 2.5" to 1.5" and finally was happy at the 1" level kit. I can tell the difference from stock. I like a very slight rake and found that the 1" was the one. I actually use the truck for carrying things and towing trailers and I didnt want the nose pointed up and that's exactly what happens with the 1.5" or greater. You can start at 1" and drive it around for a few days to see if you like it. It's not like you need to rush right out and get it aligned. The 1" and 1.5" don't throw out the alignment as much as you might think. I wouldn't drive it around like that for more than a week though. 

Installed 1" front end kit  (1/2" thick block) on mine then had it aligned.  Alignment was within factory specs after the 1" lift.  1" front end lift doesn't induce as much suspension movement as having a trailer on the back.  1/2" blocks were easy to install, don't even bother to break the ball joint or steering links, just remove stabilizer links, you can pry up on the shock with small pry bar and slip the spacer  in.  I also trimmed the air dam about 1" (right at the first line).  Overall effect makes it look like the truck is lifted more than it is.

Archived