2017 Silverado front grille led light inserts

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 2:17 PM, Viktorrocks15 said:

Thanks! I used this one
8b8c7c81604fc9ab413947b87ddef6da.jpg

I bought the bow tie for really good price, but I rather spend that money on something more effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$80, Holy Moly! You can get these lights for $10 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/LUX-Performance-DBLXSR8C-Straight-Single/dp/B075JQCGMR/

17 hours ago, Will O'Daniel said:

Here is how mine looks. Did this last year.

How do you like the roll bar lights? And what brand did you go with? I am thinking of adding lights to the roll bar on y truck but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

29 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

How do you like the roll bar lights? And what brand did you go with? I am thinking of adding lights to the roll bar on y truck but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I love ‘em! I originally went with the dealership lights. Just ordered another set when I bought the Sport Bar. I upgraded all my lights to Black Oak when I did the grill lights. They worked with me and gave me a deal I couldn’t pass. The top light are 6” dual row. I utilized the factory switch that came with the lights and sport bar from the factory. The only complaint I have with the switch was the 3 second delay ON and OFF. When I ran the grill lights, I added another relay to bypass the factory switch for those. I can still use the factory switch if needed, and the new switch won’t backfeed to the factory switch. But the factory switch can override the new switch if activated. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Will O'Daniel said:

I love ‘em! I originally went with the dealership lights. Just ordered another set when I bought the Sport Bar. I upgraded all my lights to Black Oak when I did the grill lights. They worked with me and gave me a deal I couldn’t pass. The top light are 6” dual row. I utilized the factory switch that came with the lights and sport bar from the factory. The only complaint I have with the switch was the 3 second delay ON and OFF. When I ran the grill lights, I added another relay to bypass the factory switch for those. I can still use the factory switch if needed, and the new switch won’t backfeed to the factory switch. But the factory switch can override the new switch if activated. 

Nice, it looks great. I don't have the GM sports bar or the wiring inside of my truck so I'll be doing a custom switch. Did you go with combos, spots, or floods for the sports bar lights? I'm debating between spot and combo, I'm afraid the combo will just spill a ton of light on the roof and not really be effective.

22 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

Nice, it looks great. I don't have the GM sports bar or the wiring inside of my truck so I'll be doing a custom switch. Did you go with combos, spots, or floods for the sports bar lights? I'm debating between spot and combo, I'm afraid the combo will just spill a ton of light on the roof and not really be effective.

I did combos on all my lights. It was a tough choice to make a decision on what I would want and what I thought would serve it’s purpose. I chose what I did for the sole reason that I won’t be running my truck like a pre-runner in the woods. I do a lot of hunting and nothing over 80 generally. The cab takes a lot of light from the sport bar lights up to 50 feet in front of the truck to ground level. I have a sunroof and the light comes in like the sun when I have my shade open. The low/high beams on the truck can cover the non lit area from the sport bar. Between the grill lights and the bar lights, I got a lot covered up front. 

• Like 1

I've been looking at Black Oak lights as well, any complaints? How did you get a deal on them? Thanks.

Also, can anyone recommend other LED brands?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Wesley Dowd said:

I've been looking at Black Oak lights as well, any complaints? How did you get a deal on them? Thanks.

Also, can anyone recommend other LED brands?

No complaints. Lifetime warranty and BRIGHT! I got the deal by calling them directly and telling them a little about my build I was wanting to do and my experience with other LED bars. They quoted me a price per light that I was looking at and a price in bulk to buy the lights all together. I bought the bulk to save the most. I have seen RIGID do this as well through YouTube videos. I was really wanting the Rigid Midnight line for my truck. But hey, I took what I could get at the time!

I have experience behind Vision X, Rigid, Black Oak, and a few smaller companies (cheaper lights). There IS a difference in what you get by the price. I like the flood patterns of the 5 watt Osrams (Black Oak) for what they are designed for. Rigid Uses 3 watt Osram in most of their builds but their hyperspots are on point. Literally! And Vision X does great with the competition and are more common with local shops, better deals so to speak. They all come with lifetime warranties. I tend to stick with OSRAM ran LED lights from now on.

I use to be an advocate of the cheaper amazon/eBay lights and learned my lesson. Some people have good luck and I unfortunately never have. The leaked, they go out in sections, and the lenses dull over time reducing overall light effectiveness. I found this out when I helped run a golf cart barn and we used bars on the pickers and the golf carts themselves. Bought a lot of cheap lights. They worked great for the first few months, then we started having issues. 

I hope this helps!

Edited by Will O'Daniel
  • Like 1

No complaints. Lifetime warranty and BRIGHT! I got the deal by calling them directly and telling them a little about my build I was wanting to do and my experience with other LED bars. They quoted me a price per light that I was looking at and a price in bulk to buy the lights all together. I bought the bulk to save the most. I have seen RIGID do this as well through YouTube videos. I was really wanting the Rigid Midnight line for my truck. But hey, I took what I could get at the time!

I have experience behind Vision X, Rigid, Black Oak, and a few smaller companies (cheaper lights). There IS a difference in what you get by the price. I like the flood patterns of the 5 watt Osrams (Black Oak) for what they are designed for. Rigid Uses 3 watt Osram in most of their builds but their hyperspots are on point. Literally! And Vision X does great with the competition and are more common with local shops, better deals so to speak. They all come with lifetime warranties. I tend to stick with OSRAM ran LED lights from now on.

I use to be an advocate of the cheaper amazon/eBay lights and learned my lesson. Some people have good luck and I unfortunately never have. The leaked, they go out in sections, and the lenses dull over time reducing overall light effectiveness. I found this out when I helped run a golf cart barn and we used bars on the pickers and the golf carts themselves. Bought a lot of cheap lights. They worked great for the first few months, then we started having issues. 

I hope this helps!
Very helpful thank you.

I am thinking this forum needs a LED light bar review section, I will be reviewing whichever one i get (probably Black Oak)

• 2 weeks later...

Did a little mod on mine. Bought some LED’s from superbrightLed.com. About $2:00 each. Made 3 brackets and hooked them up to my daytime running lights via fuse box. They don’t give off any usable extra light. Also I have the active shutters and am working on putting th RC light bar on. I installed the brackets with a little modification. Have some info and pics on my post

3F91121A-F29D-41E6-87F7-27F89E2276F6.jpeg

Edited by semonscj

• 7 months later...
On 5/7/2018 at 10:21 AM, semonscj said:

Did a little mod on mine. Bought some LED’s from superbrightLed.com. About $2:00 each. Made 3 brackets and hooked them up to my daytime running lights via fuse box. They don’t give off any usable extra light. Also I have the active shutters and am working on putting th RC light bar on. I installed the brackets with a little modification. Have some info and pics on my post

3F91121A-F29D-41E6-87F7-27F89E2276F6.jpeg

What kind of brackets did you make for the grill lights if you don't mind me asking, also love the light bar you installed (saw it on another post)