In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
spikesputnik

Paint code inigma

I'm having a tough time finding touch up paint for my 2009 Silverado.  My glove box sticker  says BC/CC 84c,  and my original window sticker say Black granite metallic.

However all the Googling I do comes up with nothing regarding 84c!  Can't even find it in cross match sites, though Carbon Flash "seems like it may be the same thing"...

I thought this would be straight forward....ugh.  Thoughts?

The paint code can start with BC/CC followed by a U, or a WA with a four-digit number/letter combination.  Are the more numbers on the spid label.

Paint names are marketing so they don't always show up in paint lookups because the name varies by GM division, Chevrolet and GMC may not be same name for to color.

Its probably just Black;  http://www.genuinegmparts.com/collision-auto-body-parts/auto-paint-touch-up

Edited by elcamino

35 minutes ago, spikesputnik said:

I'm having a tough time finding touch up paint for my 2009 Silverado.  My glove box sticker  says BC/CC 84c,  and my original window sticker say Black granite metallic.

However all the Googling I do comes up with nothing regarding 84c!  Can't even find it in cross match sites, though Carbon Flash "seems like it may be the same thing"...

I thought this would be straight forward....ugh.  Thoughts?

Just give the dealer your VIN - they can figure it out from that.

Do you have 41U in the RPO list?  That's my 2009 Yukon's code for Onyx Black.  There was also a Carbon Black Metallic (58U).  Chevrolet called this same color Black Granite Metallic (58U) in 2009.  It was an extra cost color.

84C is the interior trim RPO color code.  WA 501Q (RPO 58U) Carbon Flash sounds like your color. 

This is my glove box tag...and there’s the 58U, just not next to the BC/CC.    Thanks guys!!

0F040D0C-4748-4DB9-B3D3-BA7DEC58B105.jpeg

Edited by spikesputnik

I found this pretty helpful. My truck is listed as a different color too.

I spend a few minutes and looked up every code in my glove box.

rpoCodes.pdf