On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, Big Whiskey said:

Same for me. I think the "rattle" I was hearing was the shocks bottoming out.  

Where does one find these shock spacers? Sorry I am new to the 3/4 ton world and also new to GMC.  Converted over from Ford F150's but mine does the same thing it rattles a lot, still under warranty but I am curious about these shock spacers.

They are pieces of pipe that slide over the top studs of the shock between the shock and the bottom of the frame and space in downward.  Some outfits make a pretty little block but it does the same thing.  You will need new shock nuts as the OEM nuts are like an inch long and only threaded at the top so they don't engage.  When we did new shocks on my buddies 2011 they came with new normal lock nuts so we cut the thread off the factory shock nuts and slid them over the studs creating our own spacers for free lol.  Pull your shocks out, slide the spacer on the studs and reinstall.  Voila.

Well I found the reason my truck was rattling so bad.  I have to broken welds on my running board support arms.  I know this will more than likely not be anyone else's issue, but it was my issue.

weld.jpg

On 5/17/2019 at 7:10 AM, alderin1987 said:

Where does one find these shock spacers? Sorry I am new to the 3/4 ton world and also new to GMC.  Converted over from Ford F150's but mine does the same thing it rattles a lot, still under warranty but I am curious about these shock spacers.

I bought mine from www.sinisterdiesel.com, but they were Zone Offroad brand. A simple Google search for 2500HD shock extensions will yield all kinds of results. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a 2010 Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4. Mine does the exact same thing going over bumps and/or rough terrain. It really does feel like the entire suspension, wheels and all, is just going to fall out. 3 months ago I replaced the upper and lower arms, new ball joints, struts, 3" leveling block, inner and outer tie rods, all brand new U.S.A. Moog parts(the good moog parts) and everything set to factory torque specs. Didn't fix the problem. Seriously need ideas/help!

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, bullitt_bee said:

I know this is an old post but i'm having what I think is the same issue. The dealership replaced the front shocks and rear leaf springs but the problem is still there. Video tries to capture the sound of rattle but is more more defined and "loud" in person. Thoughts?

I have a 2019 that was doing the exact same thing took it to the dealer they replaced the pitman arm and it fixed 85% of the issue but it’s still there I’m thinking of trying the cogito pisk to see if that would maybe eliminate the “play” noise I’m hearing. Did you ever get urs figured out?

On 1/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, bullitt_bee said:

I know this is an old post but i'm having what I think is the same issue. The dealership replaced the front shocks and rear leaf springs but the problem is still there. Video tries to capture the sound of rattle but is more more defined and "loud" in person. Thoughts?