In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Birli

Gas is not pumping at normal speed

I have a 2004 Subura Impreza.All of a sudden it takes almost 10 minutes or so to pump $10.00 into it.I need help with this.I just had a new gas tank put in etc. Can somebody give me advice on how to fix this? Thank you.

Might want to post your problem on a Subaru forum.

21 minutes ago, Lynn Birli said:

Really??? Why isn't this a free place for advice?? Guess you have no advice!

Unless a member has a Subaru Impreza, probably not going to get lots of responses.

Your best bet is to try this website:  http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/

8 hours ago, Lynn Birli said:

Why isn't this a free place for advice??

Yes, advice is free here. Two members recommended going to a Subaru forum.

I would suggest that you make sure the Subaru has over 1/4 tank of gas and then drive it to your local GMC or Chevrolet dealer and trade it in on a GM truck or SUV.

• Like 1

How frequent is the problem? Does it happen at the same gas station?

I reckon that your Subaru wasn't put back together right or something that needed replacing didn't get replaced.  A vent line (hose) could be clogged or a solenoid broken but a Subaru mechanic I am not.

OP is a one hit wonder. Never been back since posting on the 4th

• Like 1

Im thinking gas stations you may be going to has new federal mandate check valves in hose. It makes filling a lot slower.

also possible that gas station hasn't changed filters on their pumps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Brandon Allen
      Question fellas And ladies, I typically don't post on forums, but I'm at a poss currently. My truck is 2010 Silverado 4.8 and after driving it for 30 or so minutes the traction control/ stabitrax light comes on, the tachometer cuts off and the truck feels like it's jerking going forward, if I'm stopping or stopped the truck stalls and won't turn back on for Maybe an hour. I've replaced the fuel pump, crankshaft position sensor, engine temperature sensor, replaced the plugs and wires maybe a year ago, and I don't drive it much because I live close to work. Yesterday I had been driving it a little farther because I thought it was fixed, but as I was getting on the highway, the truck popped/ jerked, and the stabitrax/traction control off displayed and a couple of seconds later, the tachometer went to zero. I was able to get her home, but the truck kept jerking all the way home. I think the problem is unrelated, but my oil pressure has been getting lower as I drive it. Any help would be great, thanks. 
    • By Cory G
      Hi there,

So I ride a 18 Sierra 1500 with the 5.3L and keep getting gas in my oil, my high pressure fuel pump let go in March of 2019 (40000kms ish) and was the first time I got gas in the oil, they replaced it and it was good until late December of 2019, I drove 800 kms to home, parked at the restaurant and went to go home and got a bunch of codes, saying that bank was to lean, bank 1 to rich, bank 2 to lean, bank 2 to rich and a open circuit fault code. The truck was in limp mode but got it to the dealership, they found a short to a relay for the hp fuel pump and my crank case filled with gas (same as the last time but now the truck at 69000kms) they tested the O2’s, fuel injectors, injector cycles and such, they all passed the test so they figured the hp fuel pump went, so they replaced it. I then drove not even 3000kms and my truck was doing 33L/100kms downhill at 104km/h, no codes or engine lights. Checked the oil and it was over filled and smelled of gas, brought into the dealership and they said the Intake tube after the MAF was loose causing the engine to over fuel, now not even 2000kms (3 weeks) into the dealership “fixing” the issue, my oil is over filled and smells strong like gasoline. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I don’t want to keep paying for an oil change every 2-3000kms and 100$ deductible for my extended warranty. I know it’s not healthy for the engine and GM Canada won’t do anything about it.. Any ideas as to what the issue might be would be awesome, thanks 
    • By BlackBearPerf
      Black Bear Performance Custom Tuning is coming to Texas, October 25-27, 2019!

- 1998-2016 GM Vehicles
      - Dallas - Ft Worth, TX
      - $100 deposit, $250 balance at time of tune (total $350) Discounts Available

For details, please see http://www.blackbearperformance.com/calendar.asp

Black Bear Performance is your premier GM V8 Car, Truck and SUV custom tuner with over 16,000 customers served.
    • By JJ_Chicago
      Hello,

I have a 1999 Chevy Express conversion van. It has very low miles on it. It has the Winnebago conversion package from Chattanooga, TN. It was supposed to have the 34 gallon tank per the conversion documents but only has the 31 gallon tank. I would like to add a secondary tank where the spare tire is located under the body and behind the rear axle. Has anyone found a company that makes such a tank? If so, can you provide me with the link? Thanks!

• By fullsendautodetail
      So I have a 2018 Silverado 5.3 Z71 LT and I've tried looking up threads for this topic before but for some reason I haven't had any luck.  Ive had this truck for a year now and I had a level lift installed and my MPG stayed around 18-22 MPG and I could get 325-400 miles out of a full tank of fuel.  I recently installed a 3.5 Rough Country suspension lift and I installed 20" wheels with 33" tires.  I knew going into this modification that I would see a slight decrease in MPG but immediately after the install I dropped my MPG to 7.5-9 MPG and I cannot get it to increase AT ALL.  I used to work at a GM dealership and spoke to a couple of old co-workers about this issue and for some reason we cannot pinpoint the issue.  I know that increasing the ride height and the different wheel/tire package would create a difference but I didn't know that it would be this bad.  I'm considering a performance chip and a CAI to try and increase my MPG, and its not a bad batch of gasoline and I've changed my driving habits and kept my foot off the throttle a little bit...if anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!!