Contento's 2015 Silverado Z71 Midnight Edition

Contento

Nice truck. How's the radio reception with the antenna relocation?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No issues yet. The primary 2 FM stations I listen to are fine. We do listen to mostly satellite so I can't say quantitatively before and after.

• Like 1

No issues yet. The primary 2 FM stations I listen to are fine. We do listen to mostly satellite so I can't say quantitatively before and after.

Thanks for the reply [emoji106]

I couldn't wait. Blessed with a gorgeous sunny, 65 degree south Florida day, so I figured I'd tackle the front. I was going to bite the bullet and pay to have it done, since I have to have it aligned anyway, but it's not in my nature to pay someone else to wrench on my vehicle if avoidable. Took me 3 hours by myself and wasn't too difficult. Hardest part was breaking the ball joint loose, then getting it back together (the entire ball joint spins with the nut once it's free. I'll take it tomorrow and have it aligned. Hopefully, it'll settle in the front a bit as it's about 1" higher than the rear right now (sitting at about 39" in the rear and 40" in the front to the fender well).

20171210_171411.jpg

20171210_171359.jpg

• Like 1

Had a productive weekend knocking items off of the list.

- added the oil catch can. Because of the way the PCV system is setup on this engine (each valve cover vented into the intake box), I plumbed the catch can in the same way by teeing the to valve cover outlets to the inlet on the catch can, then teed the outlet to both inlets on the air intake box.

- added the frame tube plugs to clean up the rear wheel well

- successfully added the diode jumpers in the wiring block so that my fog lights are on when the parking lights are on

- added a 32" curved be LED bar behind the grill including a wireless on/off controller that I programmed into the homelink buttons. Pretty simple mount actually. Was able to use the regular included brackets and drill holes in the rigid plastic bottom panel for the bolts.

- added my LED step lights wired into the dome light circuit tapped into the wiring block. I put a dimmer inline to control the brightness. I'll tinker with it but overall very pleased.

20171217_210234.jpg

20171217_152908.jpg

led.jpg

Edited by Contento

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year!

I got a few goodies in my Christmas stocking. Added the GM bed hooks, a custom license plate holder (pics later), and a lighted hitch cover (pics coming when I get the pigtail).

I also made time to add the bed LEDs (under rail). I tied them into the same dome light circuit as the running board LEDs.

20180101_182959.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got new shoes on the truck. Tucked in 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grappplers with plenty of clearance. These are almost 3" taller and 1.25" wider. Love it. I'll get better photos once it washed up.

nittos.thumb.jpg.e6141343433ef0b7bdfe49d4a98295a3.jpg

37 minutes ago, Contento said:

Finally got new shoes on the truck. Tucked in 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grappplers with plenty of clearance. These are almost 3" taller and 1.25" wider. Love it. I'll get better photos once it washed up.

nittos.thumb.jpg.e6141343433ef0b7bdfe49d4a98295a3.jpg

looking good - What's next ????

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, Contento said:

honestly, I'm not sure! 

What about Rigid fog lights - 2 pods per side ???  I'm just looking for better  head lights blubs that will fit behind dusk cover.