Front shock extentions ??? 2017 Sierra SLT 2500

I unbolted my shocks and jacked up truck and measured how much extension is needed for stock shocks is needed. When the UCA stopped on the service stop the shock was 1/2" away. For the DIY guy you will need a spacer with a 1/2" ID and 1/2" long and I would do a 1" OD. 

2 minutes ago, MNorby said:

Bilstein 24253161 and Fox 983-50-005 specify they fit with 1-1.5" of lift

The Bilsteins are the exact same length as the stock shocks... laid them side by side to compare.  I just put them on a buddies 2014 2500hd and we built shock spacers out of the original shock nuts.  

There is no actual levelling shock, from them anyway, that I know of.  

I installed a rancho leveling kit with new tortion keys on my ‘17 2500 HD. The kit I bought came with new longer rancho shocks. (eBay $215) Rancho # rosrs66351r5, the kit says you can run 33” tires but I have 34.5” (295/70r18)nitto mtr’s with very little rubbing on inner fender liner on full turn. Pretty easy to install and the ride is not really stiff. Need a tortion bar unloading tool to do the job yourself. Either way you lift it you should get a alignment after so you don’t chew through your tires. Westy5 

EFCD40CC-FEB1-4F81-958D-B4AE7B0A021C.jpeg

I installed a rancho leveling kit with new tortion keys on my ‘17 2500 HD. The kit I bought came with new longer rancho shocks. (eBay $215) Rancho # rosrs66351r5, the kit says you can run 33” tires but I have 34.5” (295/70r18)nitto mtr’s with very little rubbing on inner fender liner on full turn. Pretty easy to install and the ride is not really stiff. Need a tortion bar unloading tool to do the job yourself. Either way you lift it you should get a alignment after so you don’t chew through your tires. Westy5 
EFCD40CC-FEB1-4F81-958D-B4AE7B0A021C.thumb.jpeg.64addc2cda82969f881a802ea641b087.jpeg
Nice truck!

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I had a ready lift level kit installed on my Sierra 2500 and it came with the shock extensions. 

I had purchased a new in package Zone Off Road 2" front shock ext. before I had it leveled by my local shop.  So now I have a new in pack shock ext. if anyone is interested. I paid $20.00 for the front shock ext.

I'm selling the new in pack Zone Off road for $20.00  Free shipping in the lower 48

Seems like I don't have enough post to place this ad in the market place, so I posted in here

If anyone is interest, please PM me.   Will ship USPS priority mail     Paypal is fine

Thanks 

shock ext.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have to admit, I didn't think this was needed. Like a lot of guys on here, my truck is leveled by just turning up to stock keys. I had never taken my truck off road, or down really rough roads while it was stock, so I had no reference as to how it would've sounded doing that. After the level, I've had it off road lots, but I found the front end quite noisy with clunking sounds.

Through a bit of a fluke, I ran into SierraHD17 this week while out of town, and spent some time talking with him, and he described the same noises from his buddy's truck before adding the shock spacers.

I added some to mine yesterday... and what do you know... no more clunking from the front end.

I'm a believer now, and will recommend this step going forward. I actually think it improved the ride too....

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rocnrol said:

I have to admit, I didn't think this was needed. Like a lot of guys on here, my truck is leveled by just turning up to stock keys. I had never taken my truck off road, or down really rough roads while it was stock, so I had no reference as to how it would've sounded doing that. After the level, I've had it off road lots, but I found the front end quite noisy with clunking sounds.

Through a bit of a fluke, I ran into SierraHD17 this week while out of town, and spent some time talking with him, and he described the same noises from his buddy's truck before adding the shock spacers.

I added some to mine yesterday... and what do you know... no more clunking from the front end.

I'm a believer now, and will recommend this step going forward. I actually think it improved the ride too....

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear you found the source of the clunking noise!!!   You definitely need the shock extension when your leveling by just turning the stock keys, or installing aftermarket keys.  It makes a big difference in the ride of the truck.  And NO clunking noise. 

On 3/25/2018 at 11:14 AM, rocnrol said:

Yep, I'm a believer too. I had a noticeable improvement when I installed my shock extensions as well. 

On 3/25/2018 at 2:10 PM, Targa1us said:

I'm glad to hear you found the source of the clunking noise!!!   You definitely need the shock extension when your leveling by just turning the stock keys, or installing aftermarket keys.  It makes a big difference in the ride of the truck.  And NO clunking noise. 

I agree completely! 

Archived