Phil what are my options if I don’t have the 110v outlet. All that I have is the 12v cigarette lighter outlet.Is there a work around this and if so what functions will I have or not have. What exactly is the function of the 110v outlet

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Phil what are my options if I don’t have the 110v outlet. All that I have is the 12v cigarette lighter outlet.Is there a work around this and if so what functions will I have or not have. What exactly is the function of the 110v outlet

Thanks

If you don’t have 110V in your truck know, you won’t be able to get the outlet in the new console hot. It’ll be a dead outlet. 110v is the typical power outlet you can plug into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I will have function of everything except the 110. Ok thanks that answers my question. I need to check under the seat and see what type of connector I have and them I’ll get back in touch.
By the way I did the mirror upgrade with the harness and mirrors that I purchased from you super easy Thanks again!

• Like 1

Wife Say's "There is a big box on the front porch (it's my console for GM Parts Giant), I am going to my parents for dinner I will bring you a plate since you will be in the garage all night"

HAHA! she is a GREAT woman.

• Like 1

A few things. 1- 84288042 is black with white stitching. 2- Phil's harness and directions are flawless. 3- make sure you check your console good before you install it. I looked mine over after I noticed the box pretty beat up but failed to notice that it is broken ion the inside back by the drivers side lid hinge. I ordered it form GmPartsGiant.com and I installed it as I am trying to make a meet-up this weekend. So I may be stuck with a $400 piece of junk. I will post a pic if I can. 4- This is how all regular cabs should come from GM just because and with a 6.2. I have the passenger seat out to do this and I think it would be very difficult with both seats in the truck.

broken console.jpg

console.jpg

• Like 2

I agree with giving it a good look as soon as you get it. 

Mine came with a broken lid latch which I noticed right away. 

I called and they sent out the new part. 

Luckily I was able to fix it with no damage showing now. 

First off, sorry to hear that the console game damaged. I would be on the phone when them today so see if they remedy that.

Second, truck looks great! Thanks for confirming the part #.

Lastly, thanks for the feedback! I strive to make this as easy as possible, considering all the variables involved.

Finally - to my surprise, a large mysterious box of connectors showed up yesterday. They are what I’ve been looking for. :)

I am back to being able to fulfill center console orders as normal.

Thanks everyone!

A few things. 1- 84288042 is black with white stitching. 2- Phil's harness and directions are flawless. 3- make sure you check your console good before you install it. I looked mine over after I noticed the box pretty beat up but failed to notice that it is broken ion the inside back by the drivers side lid hinge. I ordered it form GmPartsGiant.com and I installed it as I am trying to make a meet-up this weekend. So I may be stuck with a $400 piece of junk. I will post a pic if I can. 4- This is how all regular cabs should come from GM just because and with a 6.2. I have the passenger seat out to do this and I think it would be very difficult with both seats in the truck.
5baccd1c557d6_brokenconsole.thumb.jpg.6f1ad055da5bf05b5531ad9fe1945f51.jpg
console.thumb.jpg.4a218ef0da7d79e33a31fa1cc6a0d785.jpg

• Like 1

I spoke to someone and he said they would issue an RMA for it and I should hear from the "Returns Department" in 24 hours or so. Is a lot of work to pull the seat out (completely , seat belt and all) to re install this thing.......

FYI, I did my mirrors as well and that went perfect as well. What about digital climate controls....................

I agree with giving it a good look as soon as you get it. 

Mine came with a broken lid latch which I noticed right away. 

I called and they sent out the new part. 

Luckily I was able to fix it with no damage showing now. 

5 minutes ago, Slapps74 said:

I spoke to someone and he said they would issue an RMA for it and I should hear from the "Returns Department" in 24 hours or so. Is a lot of work to pull the seat out (completely , seat belt and all) to re install this thing.......

FYI, I did my mirrors as well and that went perfect as well. What about digital climate controls....................

You don’t need to pull out the seats. Just remove the rear bolts and have someone sit in the back and push the seat forward to get the rear console bolts out. 

• Like 1

You don’t need to pull out the seats. Just remove the rear bolts and have someone sit in the back and push the seat forward to get the rear console bolts out. 

He’s got a regular cab, so that passenger seat needs to come out to make room to get it in.

Mine is a regular cab sir.

OK. Wasn’t sure. I looked at your profile and didn’t see which model you had.
Is it that tight back there that loosening the rear seat bolts won’t let you get to the rear console bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 minutes ago, Baldhills said:

OK. Wasn’t sure. I looked at your profile and didn’t see which model you had.
Is it that tight back there that loosening the rear seat bolts won’t let you get to the rear console bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can get at the bolts, but installing the console or removing it is MUCH easier if you remove the passenger seat. Only takes a couple minutes. Found it out myself on my Regular Cab.