Just finished both a DL8-DL3 upgrade and a console swap.  After much research here, I decided to go with Phil’s harnesses and all I can say... do not hesitate, make life easier and purchase all your harnesses from Phil.  Customer service is superior and I was shocked to see Phil reply to my questions while he was enjoying a vacation with his family.

Unparelleled customer service and incredible quality products!!!

It is great that we can upgrade our trucks and select exactly want we want.

Awesome Job Phil!!!

F73AB85E-9492-441A-B541-18FCCFCB55BF.thumb.jpeg.e01fa56302d5d0fdda8027960b4c8dba.jpeg3E13A9BD-3031-49E6-808B-134C226BFF56.thumb.jpeg.4461624f04b1b858dba8772ecb789d2f.jpeg30C74A0D-8B85-44FB-8C13-0B936DAB8700.thumb.jpeg.3f05c85b461b390db6659579f425373d.jpeg

Looks great. I have a 2017 LTZ trim interior. How did you get the interior light around the counsel or is that the upgraded counsel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge shoutout to Phil Gamboa!  I completed my center console install in my 2018 Silverado LT 4WD Crew Cab today.  I bought the truck new in mid-December and within one day I regretted not having the full center console.  I jumped on this forum the next day and fortunately found this thread and Phil’s harness and install video.  I love my Apple CarPlay so this was the ticket. I purchased the console and all of its parts, Phil’s harness, and required cables directly from him which was super easy.   Phil promptly responded to all of my questions prior to purchase, and he even coached me through a few of the install steps via texts and a phone call yesterday.  I had a fantastic experience dealing with him.  This was probably my most complex auto DIY project ( I’ve never even installed a radio lol) so I took my time and completed it over a few hours last night and this morning.  I ended up haveing the known issue of no CarPlay from the console compartment usb’s when keeping the native green HMI to glovebox usb, but Phil includes the extra usb cable needed for the workaround described elsewhere in this thread.  I lost functionality of the glovebox usb but was ok with that because I never planned on using it, and now have CarPlay fro all console usb slots?

I have a few tips for other novices:

-  unbox the console and all accessories first and make sure nothing is damaged; mine was in pristine shape but when relying on shipping companies you never know

-completely remove the passenger seat, it will make your life much easier.  I disconnected everything but the seatbelt and just slid it as far back in the second row as it would go and that gave me plenty of room.  There is a good YouTube video that details the passenger seat removal, hardest part is removing the trim under seat - use a pry tool and just keep working til they pop loose

—on driver side there is a clamshell plastic trim piece covering a metal support to right of gas pedal.  You have to remove this to put console trim skirts on, and it does not go back on

-if you are going to install and use the front metal bracket, you don’t have to remove the radio or dash trim, just remove that ashtray/storage compartment and the piece that has the 12v and 110v plugs.  For installing the bracket  the top two bolt are not easy to get to but you can with a small 7mm wrench 

-place console in its spot and make wiring connections to check everything before bolting in.  However run your wires like you want them before making any connections, especially Phil’s harness.  Once you click those wiring connections in they are very hard to unplug especially the connection on Phil’s harness in the floor under the seat and the 110 outlet connections

- I received an alert from onstar that my passenger airbag was disabled soon after I cranked the truck to test connections while the passenger seat was removed.  The alert said to take truck in immediately for a check.  I assume this was because you have to disconnect the yellow wiring harness under the passenger seat to remove the seat.  Once everything was reinstalled and connected we drove to town and my son was in the passenger seat and airbag was on.  However I don’t know if a code needs to be cleared or something on onstars end

- you have to pull really hard to remove the tray trim from the console—just keep at it and it will finally come loose

Overall a fun and satisfying project and I love the console— Phil is a lifesaver.  If you are considering this just do it and get everything from Phil!

Brian

B70A0F3E-484F-46C9-A245-4FEA3CC755F5.png

8694B50D-68D4-4297-9BE5-A8F23C4F5869.png

56D4193B-5C23-41D2-83C0-A4C66E0ED638.jpeg

A10A4EB4-5634-40F9-8800-C787895E578C.jpeg

56CF87A3-6CB4-49F6-ACFE-9F7BC50FB0F0.png

• Like 2

Huge shoutout to Phil Gamboa!  I completed my center console install in my 2018 Silverado LT 4WD Crew Cab today.  I bought the truck new in mid-December and within one day I regretted not having the full center console.  I jumped on this forum the next day and fortunately found this thread and Phil’s harness and install video.  I love my Apple CarPlay so this was the ticket. I purchased the console and all of its parts, Phil’s harness, and required cables directly from him which was super easy.   Phil promptly responded to all of my questions prior to purchase, and he even coached me through a few of the install steps via texts and a phone call yesterday.  I had a fantastic experience dealing with him.  This was probably my most complex auto DIY project ( I’ve never even installed a radio lol) so I took my time and completed it over a few hours last night and this morning.  I ended up haveing the known issue of no CarPlay from the console compartment usb’s when keeping the native green HMI to glovebox usb, but Phil includes the extra usb cable needed for the workaround described elsewhere in this thread.  I lost functionality of the glovebox usb but was ok with that because I never planned on using it, and now have CarPlay fro all console usb slots[emoji3]

-  unbox the console and all accessories first and make sure nothing is damaged; mine was in pristine shape but when relying on shipping companies you never know
-completely remove the passenger seat, it will make your life much easier.  I disconnected everything but the seatbelt and just slid it as far back in the second row as it would go and that gave me plenty of room.  There is a good YouTube video that details the passenger seat removal, hardest part is removing the trim under seat - use a pry tool and just keep working til they pop loose
—on driver side there is a clamshell plastic trim piece covering a metal support to right of gas pedal.  You have to remove this to put console trim skirts on, and it does not go back on
-if you are going to install and use the front metal bracket, you don’t have to remove the radio or dash trim, just remove that ashtray/storage compartment and the piece that has the 12v and 110v plugs.  For installing the bracket  the top two bolt are not easy to get to but you can with a small 7mm wrench 
-place console in its spot and make wiring connections to check everything before bolting in.  However run your wires like you want them before making any connections, especially Phil’s harness.  Once you click those wiring connections in they are very hard to unplug especially the connection on Phil’s harness in the floor under the seat and the 110 outlet connections
- I received an alert from onstar that my passenger airbag was disabled soon after I cranked the truck to test connections while the passenger seat was removed.  The alert said to take truck in immediately for a check.  I assume this was because you have to disconnect the yellow wiring harness under the passenger seat to remove the seat.  Once everything was reinstalled and connected we drove to town and my son was in the passenger seat and airbag was on.  However I don’t know if a code needs to be cleared or something on onstars end
- you have to pull really hard to remove the tray trim from the console—just keep at it and it will finally come loose

Overall a fun and satisfying project and I love the console— Phil is a lifesaver.  If you are considering this just do it and get everything from Phil!
Brian

B70A0F3E-484F-46C9-A245-4FEA3CC755F5.thumb.png.b8b498be19e8befd04547e61d911f80f.png
8694B50D-68D4-4297-9BE5-A8F23C4F5869.thumb.png.2bc3603741da89c16ca870c25705f18d.png
56D4193B-5C23-41D2-83C0-A4C66E0ED638.thumb.jpeg.b1ba6832909893bcc2be0cdc185ac131.jpeg
A10A4EB4-5634-40F9-8800-C787895E578C.thumb.jpeg.ef7e4361aa467d149a042dccbaef2073.jpeg
56CF87A3-6CB4-49F6-ACFE-9F7BC50FB0F0.thumb.png.27a6e2904f8b7d279ca81605ab546393.png

Looks good!!! Do you have the black leather? I am doing this in the next few months on my new 18 Z71. And you purchased the console from Phil as well?

• Like 1

Looks good!!! Do you have the black leather? I am doing this in the next few months on my new 18 Z71. And you purchased the console from Phil as well?

Yes and yes :).

Black or Cocoa Dune are the main console colors to choose from.

For the upper tray, Synthesis and Reverse Tartan are the on hand trims. Other trims are orderable and will take some time.

These are 2018 consoles with the latest 2018 Wireless Charging lids. Front bracket, bolts and side panels are included.

b05fdf4ab86b98ce8fc5c64391c4d57c.jpg

444bf20e94c91c075c5791e3f563fb7e.jpg

• Like 1

Huge shoutout to Phil Gamboa!  I completed my center console install in my 2018 Silverado LT 4WD Crew Cab today.  I bought the truck new in mid-December and within one day I regretted not having the full center console.  I jumped on this forum the next day and fortunately found this thread and Phil’s harness and install video.  I love my Apple CarPlay so this was the ticket. I purchased the console and all of its parts, Phil’s harness, and required cables directly from him which was super easy.   Phil promptly responded to all of my questions prior to purchase, and he even coached me through a few of the install steps via texts and a phone call yesterday.  I had a fantastic experience dealing with him.  This was probably my most complex auto DIY project ( I’ve never even installed a radio lol) so I took my time and completed it over a few hours last night and this morning.  I ended up haveing the known issue of no CarPlay from the console compartment usb’s when keeping the native green HMI to glovebox usb, but Phil includes the extra usb cable needed for the workaround described elsewhere in this thread.  I lost functionality of the glovebox usb but was ok with that because I never planned on using it, and now have CarPlay fro all console usb slots[emoji3]

Brian

B70A0F3E-484F-46C9-A245-4FEA3CC755F5.thumb.png.b8b498be19e8befd04547e61d911f80f.png
8694B50D-68D4-4297-9BE5-A8F23C4F5869.thumb.png.2bc3603741da89c16ca870c25705f18d.png
56D4193B-5C23-41D2-83C0-A4C66E0ED638.thumb.jpeg.b1ba6832909893bcc2be0cdc185ac131.jpeg
A10A4EB4-5634-40F9-8800-C787895E578C.thumb.jpeg.ef7e4361aa467d149a042dccbaef2073.jpeg
56CF87A3-6CB4-49F6-ACFE-9F7BC50FB0F0.thumb.png.27a6e2904f8b7d279ca81605ab546393.png

Hi John,

Yes my interior is the Jet Black leather.  My trim is “Synthesis” which is the silver/ gray color that does not have the herringbone (aka “tartan”) pattern.  The stitching is a whitish gray color.  I got everything through Phil.  Send him pics of your interior and he will fix you up.  Initially I tried to figure it out myself and order directly from the parts distributor, but there are so many color options/combos it is hard to know what you are getting.  Also determining what parts to order for the actual console is very complicated.  Phil made it very easy.  You can’t go wrong with him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bdmd5093 said:

Hi John,

Yes my interior is the Jet Black leather.  My trim is “Synthesis” which is the silver/ gray color that does not have the herringbone (aka “tartan”) pattern.  The stitching is a whitish gray color.  I got everything through Phil.  Send him pics of your interior and he will fix you up.  Initially I tried to figure it out myself and order directly from the parts distributor, but there are so many color options/combos it is hard to know what you are getting.  Also determining what parts to order for the actual console is very complicated.  Phil made it very easy.  You can’t go wrong with him!

How much was everything? i have same interier setup as you so my console would duplicate yours. 

I purchased OEM leather heated /cooled seats w/seat memory want to my swap original seats without those extra options. My understanding is the heat function won't work, is that correct ? How do I  bypass the memory seat option on the front drivers so it will function properly ? I believe the passenger is just plug and play.