Ok that’s good lol I am gonna trade my 15 Silverado for a 18 LTZ getting a good deal. But no console!!! I figured it would fit. Not sure about the wiring plug under the jump seat of the 18. When I did my 15 I gutted the jump seat and installed it on the full console. Not sure what that road has in store on the 18 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok that’s good lol I am gonna trade my 15 Silverado for a 18 LTZ getting a good deal. But no console!!! I figured it would fit. Not sure about the wiring plug under the jump seat of the 18. When I did my 15 I gutted the jump seat and installed it on the full console. Not sure what that road has in store on the 18 lol.

I think the 2018s come with the 16-Pin connector. lol. Take a peak while you test drive it. LOL.

Alright got the harness from Phil, thanks again! Put in an order for the console hopefully it'll be here in a week or so. I copied what Frank had so I should be good to go. I'll post some pictures when everything gets put in. Also Frank, does 84199886 have the updated wireless charger?

Edited by jrbraham
  • Like 1

Hey guys a heads up so I picked up a 18 Silverado 1500 LTZ last night. It has the 5.3 with eAssist. So long story short the center console is a big thing for me as it feels more like a luxury interior then work truck look. After further investigation you can’t install a center console in these trucks. As you are sitting next to a 24 cell lithium ion battery in the jump seat. Not happy with the start stop either so I am bringing it back in search of one without that.

• Like 1

Hey guys a heads up so I picked up a 18 Silverado 1500 LTZ last night. It has the 5.3 with eAssist. So long story short the center console is a big thing for me as it feels more like a luxury interior then work truck look. After further investigation you can’t install a center console in these trucks. As you are sitting next to a 24 cell lithium ion battery in the jump seat. Not happy with the start stop either so I am bringing it back in search of one without that.

Bummer!

I may have located a console, but it’s out of a 2014 Sierra.  Has anyone’s successfully swapped a 14 Sierra into a 17 Silverado?

Physically, they are the same. The electronic components are different. For example, the USB ports will not pass Apple Play Signal if your truck has it. You can still make it work, but you’ll have to swap both USB hubs (front and inside compartment hub). The cup holders are moveable on the 14/15, but not on the 16+. Also, the charging lid was on option on 16+. But physically, they’ll fit.

**UPDATE**

Thank for you all for your support so far!

As of 1/28/18, I am SOLD OUT of 16-Pin Console Harnesses. I have an order of materials, however, one of the components is on Backorder until mid-February.

All open orders will be filled and shipped tomorrow. I may have 1, maybe 2 left. I’ll also be looking for an alternative source in the mean time.

If you have the 23-Pin version connector, I can build off of those but will need your jump seat harness to be able to do so.

I’ll update this thread if anything changes.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, GMTEC2 said:

I’ve checked all over for a used console. Is there a place some are buying from online I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki

I found mine on ebay and not cheap but it was super clean. Probably could of past for brand new and came with the charging lid. But i understand, I couldn't find one locally for over a month and when I found them for a decent amount they were not willing to ship or someone already bought it. 

Just have patience brotha, you will find one. 

Edited by jogutier

I found mine on ebay and not cheap but it was super clean. Probably could of past for brand new and came with the charging lid. But i understand, I couldn't find one locally for over a month and when I found them for a decent amount they were not willing to ship or someone already bought it. 

Just have patience brotha, you will find one. 

Tryin man. It just looks so much better than that jump seat. I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks

• Like 1