Great thread.  Anyone know if Part number 84131395 (fits 2016) console assembly and Part number 84288036 (fits 2018) console assembly are the same?  These fitments are all according to the websites as i keep missing the customer service hours to call.   Having trouble finding the 84288042 Console.   But i noticed the 2018 is $60 cheaper give or take depending on the site.     My guess is they are the same but want to confirm. 

were to buy from you the Center Console for 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with all the wires

In order to validate your harness build, I will need to see a picture of your existing Jump Seat Harness Connector.

This is the connector end that plugs up under the passenger front seat. You don’t have to remove the front seat. Take a peak underneath passenger seat. Towards the middle and towards the jump seat, you’ll see a square cutout in the carpet. Lift this flap up to expose the connector and snap some pics. I need to see the connector where the wires enter the connector.

There are two versions that GM came out with for some 2014 and 2015 trucks.

On 2016+, it seems they just stuck with one type. However, there are two variations here as well.

Here are pics of each type.

16-Pin
5886b24e12bc4916011f7ca05224eda1.jpg

23-Pin (Notice the grey latch)
465a9d71c4cddcc2d828307158e8e6c4.jpg

If you have the 23-Pin version, you’ll have to pull the jump seat out, fully extract the harness, and send it to me.

I then will build off of it, and send it back to you.

Thanks,

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Phil. Just wondering how to order your harness. Also I have a 2500 Silverado is there anything different I’ll need. Thank you 

What year truck?

• 2 weeks later...

Curious question but how many of here are from Canada and have done this? Trying to find a sensible place to source a console. But they rarely show up on ebay and when they do, the import charges are a killer...:fume:

Hi Phil,
I am new on the GM trucks forum
the reason I am here is that one of your videos about the replacement of center console retrofit and I will need to buy one of yours plug and play harness. 
Let me know how we can do that!

thanks 

Send me a PM and will get you on the list.

Installed the console that I had previously installed in my 2016 RCSB in my 2018 Crew Cab. 

Lots more working room in the Crew Cab without removing passenger seat or even unbolting it.

The 16 Pin harness I got from Phil Gamboa for my 2016 works on my 2018 just like he said it would !!

Interesting that the wires for heated and cooled seats were clipped to the back of the radio surround trim even thought the truck is an LT with cloth seats.

2018 Console.jpg

• Like 2

Installed the console that I had previously installed in my 2016 RCSB in my 2018 Crew Cab. 

Lots more working room in the Crew Cab without removing passenger seat or even unbolting it.

The 16 Pin harness I got from Phil Gamboa for my 2016 works on my 2018 just like he said it would !!

Interesting that the wires for heated and cooled seats were clipped to the back of the radio surround trim even thought the truck is an LT with cloth seats.

5c280501c8162_2018Console.thumb.jpg.1e9d62b9aade692e00474c3841bc7af3.jpg

Yup. I think GM found it easier to have fewer Dash harness part #s by making many of the LT/SLE trucks with the heated/cooled switch harness behind the bezel even though the truck doesn’t come with them.

I worked on a truck that wanted to added heated/cooled seats. Harness was there, and I added all the missing wiring in between... still didn’t work. Learned that there is a LIN Bus circuit in the BCM that outputs to the module under the passenger seat that is not enabled. So BCM programming will be needed.