Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!
In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience.
2014+ K2XX - Center Console Swap / Retrofit - Plug and Play Harness!
By Zak Snell
Looking for info on swapping out my LTZ center console for a jump seat. Family is growing and need to move the oldest to the front to make room in the back for twins.
I came across a post doing the opposite swap, but nothing for going "backwards" as it seems kind of a downgrade, I suppose.
I have a 2018 with dune/cocoa leather. The console is cocoa (brown), but I'm guessing the jump seat would be dune (tan). I'd prefer leather to match, but cloth would be acceptable if only that's available for tan or brown.
Also wondering what I might have to change under the dash? I assume there would need to be a panel added to cover the hole left behind when removing the console. Perhaps a different harness to connect the new panel?
Last thought is whether or not I'll have issues with the Bose sound system. I know the amp used to be mounted under the center console in Suburbans/Tahoes. Not sure if that's the case here.
I'd be willing to consider a swap with someone looking to go the other direction.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I was wondering if anybody knew if the newer 2018 sierra tail lights would somehow fit the 2015's? And if not, is there is a certain company making some custom ones for the 15' that are made to look like the 2018's? This is my first post to the group as I am new and will be asking more questions soon. So if I didnt do this right, please feel free to tell me how to correctly ask my next question. Thanks.
Jump Seat to Full Center Console Retrofit
Plug and Play Harness by PGAMBOA
For those of you looking to swap your Jump Seat to a Full Center Console, I now have a Plug and Play Harness for this upgrade! This long awaited - PnP Harness will allow you to EASILY perform this upgrade. NO cutting or splicing needed!
Center Console - Plug and Play Harness is $150 Shipped anywhere in the US. For Canada, please add +$14.95
Since there are several versions and configurations of center consoles and truck trim levels, I feel that I have covered a majority of the configurations that are out there. There will be several assumptions on the ability to perform this upgrade and I’ll try to be as detailed and comprehensive as possible.
Please see the different USB Cable configuration diagrams at the end.
- I NEED to know if you have a 16-Pin Connector or 23-Pin Connector under your passenger seat. GM made 2 styles and I can currently only build the 16-pin. If you have the 23-Pin version, I can still build your a harness but I will need for you to pull your jump seat out, fully extract its harness, and send it to me. This is the ONLY way I can make you are conversion harness.
See pics below.
23-Pin: Notice the grey latch.
- 2014-2015 Center Consoles will have different USB Cable requirements than 2016-2017 AND will have different USB Hubs. The PnP Harness should be compatible, but you MUST verify the connector under the passenger AND the front of the console! Since this is a custom product, there will be NO REFUNDS on it.
- Center Console MUST have its factory harness intact and not modified.
- Connection under the Passenger Seat AND Front of Center Console must look exactly like the diagram. There is a 23-Pin variant X314 Connector under the seat, so yours MUST match in order for this harness to adapt. **IF YOU HAVE THE 23-PIN VERSION, I CAN STILL BUILD YOU A HARNESS BUT WOULD NEED YOUR ORIGINAL JUMP SEAT HARNESS SHIPPED TO ME FIRST**
- Additional GM USB Cables must be purchased separately (based on your console year) to get USB Hubs functional.
- Wireless Charging - Wireless Charging became available on 2016 and 2017 consoles. If you are looking at adding a Wireless Charging Lid to a 2014-2015 Console, please PM me for requirements. Also, there are known issues with 2016/2017 Consoles with the Wireless Lid and charging iPhone 8 and iPhone X Phones. There are workarounds for this that require some form of modification to the charging module. You can also swap the module for a 2018 Module that DOES charge iPhone 8 and iPhone X phones. Please PM me for questions on specifics.
- Your truck MUST have an existing 110V AC Outlet AND (1) - 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Plug as you will be reusing those. My PnP Harness DOES NOT add the 110V AC Outlet if you don’t already have it. However, I CAN add an additional 12V DC Outlet connection if needed.
- USB Cable connections will come from your HMI (Behind the Glove Box). You MUST verify that you have the USB Ports available, otherwise, your USB Hubs will not work correctly.
- This PnP harness DOES NOT add any Car Play, Apple Play, or Android Play functionality. If your truck did not already come with it, you will not gain it.
With this PnP Harness, you ***should*** have ALL the components in your console functional.
Those options include:
Front of the Console:
Front - Left USB Hub (Dual USB - 2016/2017or Triple USB Hub 2014/2015 - Uses my Plug and Harness AND a USB Cable from the HMI Front - Left 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Outlet - Uses existing connections (truck must be equipped. If not, I can custom add this if needed) Front - Right 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Outlet - Uses my Plug and Play Harness Front - Right 110V AC Outlet - Uses existing connections (truck must be equipped)
Inside Storage Compartment:
Inside - Left 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Outlet - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector Inside - Right USB Hub - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged in the front main 42-Way Connector and USB Cable Inside - Right SD Card Slot (if equipped) - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged in the front main 42-Way Connector and USB Cable Inside - Right 3.5mm Aux Port - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged in the front main 42-Way Connector and USB Cable Inside - LED Lamp - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector Wireless Charging Lid (For Consoles that come equipped with this option) - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector
Rear of the Console:
12V DC - Cigarette Lighter Outlet - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector
THERE IS A LOT TO CONSUME HERE, SO PLEASE PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ON THIS. I WANT ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND ALL THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS RETROFIT BEFORE PURCHASING.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 70 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1,274 Guests (See full list)
- mike wirtz
- Buddy A
- Matthew Randolph
- Jay P
- Brandon Adams
- Michael Butler
- Penguin VII
- BO TIE 1
- HK GUY
- Jay Powell
- Sonny James