SURPRISE: 2019 Silverado unveiled in Texas during 100 year celebration

Zane

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-01.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

12/16/2017

EDITED 12/17/17:

Chevrolet just staged a "surprise drop in" of a fully undisguised next generation 2019 Silverado during an event celebrating 100-years of Chevy pickups yesterday. 

Check out the video and photos of the event below, or see the official press photography here

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-02.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-03.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-04.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-06.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-07.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-09.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-05.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-Reveal-Centennial-100Trucks.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Front end hints too much like a ford, as I feared.  Still kinda squarish though so that's cool.  Back end.. looks too much like a damned Tundra.  Those square exhaust pipes suck as well.  Let's hope the Sierra looks better.  But then again, how many of us said the GMT-900s and K2s looked ugly when they first came out. 

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2017/12/16/2019-chevy-silverado-steel-bed/957217001/

Not sure what I think yet. I don't like the blackout look so I need to see one color matched or chrome to pass judgment. Do like the idea of a mild factory lift, especially with how low the GMs sit compared to the rest. I want back in a pickup for 2019 though so it'll be exciting to see this, the GMC and the new Ram compared to the F150.

Definitely a change, not sure if i'm a big fan yet, I actually like the "Chevrolet" across the tailgate kind of a cool throwback. Dislike the mirrors mounted that way though. I'm hoping with that factory dual exhaust that GM will offer its active exhaust option for 6.2 equipped trucks!

By far the best looking Silverado in quite a while. I have some issues with it just like everyone else, but I've hated the last two gens as soon as they came out (excluding the '16 face update), this one has a ton of styling and an additional ton of potential for high-level trims and aftermarket. Can't wait to see the Sierra.

By far the best looking Silverado in quite a while. I have some issues with it just like everyone else, but I've hated the last two gens as soon as they came out (excluding the '16 face update), this one has a ton of styling and an additional ton of potential for high-level trims and aftermarket. Can't wait to see the Sierra.

To me, you can see more and more styling cues they took from the 99-04 GMT800s; and the tailgate embossing is definitely a callback to the 88-94 C/Ks and the fender tangs on the front are definitely to tie the trucks to the K2 SUVs. But I agree with Mike; we need to see the color matched, work truck and chrome versions before we pass final judgment. Especially the Silverado High County, since that one is the top model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived