SURPRISE: 2019 Silverado unveiled in Texas during 100 year celebration

Zane

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then why are multiple people saying it?

Because they don't know design. And don't have the sensitivity to recognize surface differences. The current ford is quite structured and horizontal. This is quite a departure from structured surfaces and line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be hard to not draw in similarities to other looks with the product lines being as old as they are.... That being said, I hate it.

I liked the 16/17 Silverado so much i bought a brand new 2016. Well something fuel related failed and the truck burned to the ground after 2 months of use and 1200 miles. GM/CHEVROLET wouldn't help, not even a $1000 loyalty coupon to help replace the first truck, said they wouldnt do anything that could look like they had any fault or liability in what happened.  Then a few months later, gm released a bulliten about bad fuel lines and leaks that could cause fires..... Yup.

If theyre gonna start making them look like tundras, I won't have to second guess myself about buying another one. Lol

The black bumpers are for the trail boss edition. The regular models will still have chrome. I disagree I love the embossed tailgate
Yep, I get that the black trim is the Trail Boss. My point was I like a painted trim option but dont want it a contrasting color. Hopefully an option will be like the current Z71, with body color trim. Even better if the LTZ version can be had without chrome so those of us that want the options don't have to swap things out after purchase.

4 hours ago, Colossus said:

What gives you the idea that Crapota has better reliability with the Tundra vs the other trucks? 

The idea that my 14 Sierra has been recalled many times diver's seat clicks ( I fixed with the clamp) my steering column clicks, headlights are terrible, so is radio reception and Bluetooth is glitchy at times. I get service brake and traction control alarms and no issue can be found and a few other nuisances. I have a 2012 Toyota Camry and a 2017 Toyota 86 and nether has had to go back to the dealer except to change the oil. That in a nutshell is what gives me the idea.

22R

55 minutes ago, Gmtech21 said:

It must be hard to not draw in similarities to other looks with the product lines being as old as they are.... That being said, I hate it.

I liked the 16/17 Silverado so much i bought a brand new 2016. Well something fuel related failed and the truck burned to the ground after 2 months of use and 1200 miles. GM/CHEVROLET wouldn't help, not even a $1000 loyalty coupon to help replace the first truck, said they wouldnt do anything that could look like they had any fault or liability in what happened.  Then a few months later, gm released a bulliten about bad fuel lines and leaks that could cause fires..... Yup.

If theyre gonna start making them look like tundras, I won't have to second guess myself about buying another one. Lol

Did you call a lawyer?  If not you should have.  I sued GM for my first GMT-900 and won, still bought a second since the problem was a random one.  

I know it's getting a lot of hate. But I love the new body lines around the fenders into the doors. I think the front looks more original than Ford. I don't dislike anything about them. I would imagine in person getting to see it up close would look even better. I can't wait to see the front of the gmc. I just picked up an 18 slt on Tuesday. The purpose was to keep a good trade in value cause in 2020 year end I plan on trading it for a discounted 2020 or hold of for good deals on 21's

2 hours ago, nowicksl said:

Because they don't know design. And don't have the sensitivity to recognize surface differences. The current ford is quite structured and horizontal. This is quite a departure from structured surfaces and line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo!

Gm spent countless hours talking with customers through clinics and surveys.  There is no doubt that a majority of people out there love the design which is why it looks the way it is.  I personally think it will be a huge hit despite what folks say on here.

Not a fan at all.Where GM differentiated themselves was in the looks department and now it literally looks like a rebadged Ford.Except Fords were already lighter, faster, and brought more technology as a standard so I see no reason to not jump ship anymore
Fords faster??? Lol. On what planet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived