SURPRISE: 2019 Silverado unveiled in Texas during 100 year celebration

Zane

I must be freaking blind... but I do NOT see ONE line that is the exact same. 2016_ford_f-150_limited_supercrew_4wd-pic-7011390499614282968-640x480.jpeg.3a6eee419fd08b304056615b0b30a893.jpeg

B99609879Z.1_20171216155518_000_GS11PJ7QU.1-0.jpg.ea1c8ef5011e660f521069d8d0345570.jpg

Agreed. How you could think these two trucks look the same is beyond me. They are totally different.

I think the lines on the side look great with the molded front fender melting into the headlights. The lines across the doors and bed side panels looks awesome too along with the new rounded wheel wells. Great design IMO. Can wait to see one with chrome front and rear and an all blackout edition. Also looking forward to seeing the interior and power train options.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

Agreed. How you could think these two trucks look the same is beyond me. They are totally different.

They don't and comparing a FERD to Chevy is like....comparing a shiny toy that looks nice yet after a couple of hard years the truth sets in.....it's not a chevy!  Should have bought a Chevy but I am to proud keep buying FERD'S

Bingo!

Gm spent countless hours talking with customers through clinics and surveys.  There is no doubt that a majority of people out there love the design which is why it looks the way it is.  I personally think it will be a huge hit despite what folks say on here.

I agree. If the interior and power train offerings are as good as the exterior, they’re going to sell a ton of these. You’ll always have loyalists that’ll never switch brands, but this new design should do well.

I may have to trade my 17 in next year for one of these!!! Lol!

1 hour ago, Loco-diablo said:

I think the lines on the side look great with the molded front fender melting into the headlights. The lines across the doors and bed side panels looks awesome too along with the new rounded wheel wells. Great design IMO. Can wait to see one with chrome front and rear and an all blackout edition. Also looking forward to seeing the interior and power train options.

I've been trying to figure out the Ford thing since yesterday. Or the tundra thing. It looks nothing like either one. It also looks nothing like the the 08 suburban. This is a complete redesign I like. 

That's ok, vision is known to be something that goes out for some people as they get older.    The E- Shaped headlights are what most of us who CAN see and comprehend are referring to. 

6 hours ago, AlljackedupZ71 said:

I must be freaking blind... but I do NOT see ONE line that is the exact same. 

2016_ford_f-150_limited_supercrew_4wd-pic-7011390499614282968-640x480.jpeg

B99609879Z.1_20171216155518_000_GS11PJ7QU.1-0.jpg

Most of the hate here is most likely from people with 4-5 years worth of payments left on their “new” trucks. This thing looks bad ass. Everyone I’ve shown these pictures to who aren’t pickup owners all agree the styling is a home run. As long as the interior/ technology are up to current standards, I’ll be buying one as soon as they are available.

On 12/16/2017 at 6:54 PM, muddkatt said:

X2!!!!!

X3!

However, looks are only skin deep...what's under the hood?

This is where the rubber meets the road update we need!

9 minutes ago, 2Speed said:

Most of the hate here is most likely from people with 4-5 years worth of payments left on their “new” trucks. This thing looks bad ass. Everyone I’ve shown these pictures to who aren’t pickup owners all agree the styling is a home run. As long as the interior/ technology are up to current standards, I’ll be buying one as soon as they are available.

100% agree.  I showed the pics to some family members that aren’t biased car enthusiasts and they all thought it was the best Chevy design they have seen in awhile.

I plan to take a serious look as well.  I’m real curious as to the power train options.  We have a 17 Yukon and I look forward to seeing the Sierra Denali version of this truck.

Not a fan of the overall look with the tall Ford-like bedsides and the way it now cuts into the back of the body. I could go on and on about the ugly parts of this truck. The positives are: The mirror mounts look funny but appear to be a smart design to make visibility out of the cab better and the wheel well shape & fender flares look better.

40 minutes ago, Colossus said:

That's ok, vision is known to be something that goes out for some people as they get older.    The E- Shaped headlights are what most of us who CAN see and comprehend are referring to. 

Still very different. Ford has one light assembly... chevy has separate. The color is on the opposite side... this is a note taken from the new Tahoe. If we are gonna dumb it down that far... then every truck this year looks the same because they have 4 wheel wells... I get what people are trying to say but the lights are so different... can't compare.

OK, even thou im dogging it for looking like a cross between a Honda ridge line and a tundra. im ready to sell my 2015 Emeraldo. wonder if it has a 6 or 4 cylinder? and I hope it has comfortable seats as well!

I'm not a hater, I simply hate the fender tab that was designed into the headlight. It seems imitative of Fords headlight. Otherwise I think it is the best looking Silverado in many years. That tab is enough to keep me away from it. If it goes away I will become very interested in one, if it doesn't, then I won't.

Archived