SURPRISE: 2019 Silverado unveiled in Texas during 100 year celebration

Zane

It looks every bit a Silverado especially in the live shots.  Zoom in close and you can see the details.  Its GMT-800 Avalanche eyes meets K2.  Some Colorado in the fender shape and design and Tahoe in the headlight/fender, but those are both Chevy products.

I want one that's for sure.  I'd still like to see all the trims and the rest of the details first.  Trailboss looks like a much better take on Ram Rebel and that is a good thing. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pickmeup said:

I have to admit them helicopter landing pictures does it no justice. After seeing many better pictures you won't mistake it for a Ford or a Yota. This might be a sales hit for GM and give the consumer shopping some real excitement .

Agreed.  2019 MY will be great for consumers with new offerings from the big 3.  I plan to go to the Detroit auto show to check out the new Silverado and Ram.

To be honest I do not see Ford in the front end styling but rather Tahoe and/or Colorado design cues.  The rear does hint of Toyota resemblance with some cool looking exhaust tips. 

I would like to see a new Silverado with all monochromatic paint before I pass final judgement on styling.   Too anti black trim and dislike black wheels to be unbiased in my initial reaction.   Would also like to see the new Sierra as well.  Older brother really digs the new truck and says I should trade the 15 All Terrain for one.  Time will tell and really hope for a 450-480hp 6.2 engine or the 4.5L V8 Duramax to be available.   That would pretty much ensure that I would purchase a new Silverado/Sierra.

22 hours ago, Zipsort said:

Then why are multiple people saying it?

Because a newly designed vehicle does not have its own identity for people. So they associate a single design cue with something they are familiar with & automatically say it is a copy.

The threads are always the same when a new vehicle rolls out until people can see them in person on the lots

"The squared wheel wells are ugly, tires are round. Wth is GM thinking?"

"Wth, the wheel wells are rounded now. GM is following Ford!"

The gmt900's were Nissan Titan carbon copies if you go back & look at those threads. The K2XX's were.... same story, a copy of something else. It is never ending.

Same thing happens on every other auto enthusiast forum as well. 

32 minutes ago, '01LS1 said:

Because a newly designed vehicle does not have its own identity for people. So they associate a single design cue with something they are familiar with & automatically say it is a copy.

The threads are always the same when a new vehicle rolls out until people can see them in person on the lots

"The squared wheel wells are ugly, tires are round. Wth is GM thinking?"

"Wth, the wheel wells are rounded now. GM is following Ford!"

The gmt900's were Nissan Titan carbon copies if you go back & look at those threads. The K2XX's were.... same story, a copy of something else. It is never ending.

Same thing happens on every other auto enthusiast forum as well. 

Totally agree.  Almost no one ever says, "that look's like nothing I've ever seen before."  Even though in the eyes of the public it didn't "exist" until this past Saturday,; human beings have to make associations with prior knowledge.  It looks like a......fill in the blank.  In truth it looks like a 2019 Silverado, and there's absolutely nothing else like it.

Was at this Truck Legends event last weekend - hot laps around TMS in ZL1! What I noticed is how much it looks like the current redline edition from the front (which is my favorite version). Good looking truck, but I'm sure it will look a bit different in SLT or High Country forms...

41 minutes ago, Daryl Z71 said:

I like everything except for the front, but it may look better color matched.

Check post#45 here: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/2019-silverado-trail-boss-revealed-281497/index3.html#post6927722.  Color matched does it justice.  Lets you really see it good.

13 hours ago, CharlestonJoe said:

Seems to be a lot of haters on here.  Personally I like it, all of it.   Just wondering what the power train will be. 

Will be the same power train for right now. 

Archived