SURPRISE: 2019 Silverado unveiled in Texas during 100 year celebration

Zane

I like it.  Definitely see the other chevy trucks in the looks.  People are associating it with the Fords because it has a more modern look.  They have taken more chances here than in the last redesign.  It will be interesting to see the new Rams.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, these posts crack me up.... Why do some of you guys get so damn offended because someone else doesnt like the new redesign??..Calling them "haters" and "not understanding design"  I honestly dont get it.. Who cares..Everyone has their own opinion of what they like...It doesnt bother me one bit if someone likes it or hates it, its their opinion!!! .. I still think the worst design they ever did to a truck was the 03-07 front ends...I think its horrible, but some people like it and thats ok with  me...Why cant we just respect each others opinions, and not bash someone because they like it or hate it?

I dont love the new design , nor do I hate it...Its definitely different than anything they have ever came out with before.... There are things about it that i think look good and other parts that I dont care for, that..yes i think look a little fordish..sorry if that offends you, but I can see a resemblance, also not a fan of rounded wheel wells....I showed my 9 year old and he said " what??..It looks like a Ford"......At a quick glance it does resemble the ford front end, especially the "E" around the headlights, but if you look at each truck panel by panel you can see there is a design difference. 

Take away the black front end and paint it the same color as the body and I now see the Silverado ab6ab88c16235f3115a7810403bf6441.jpg I don't like the black front end because it gives off an illusion but that's just my opinion...this looks better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t care what changes they make, if they don’t add HUD(heads up display), and the keyless handles/keyless start features I won’t be buying.

I love GM but it really frustrates me that they can’t add these simple features that the Tahoe’s and Escalades have had, along with the camaro/long list of other vehicles.

these trucks with all the specs ordered cost a fortune, and I don’t mind paying for it, but at least let me have the full list of features to pick from if I’m willing to spend the money.

also they frustrate me not letting me mix packages. When I ordered my LTZ Z71 Silverado I couldn’t get painted accessories instead of the chrome.  Instead the dealer had to order all the parts, have them painted, then installed when truck arrived.  Also looked at a Tahoe about a year ago and couldn’t get the Z71 Tahoe in LTZ package!! WTH!

one last thing,  introduce the better color options. Tungsten Metallic is gorgeous, but they removed it and have one similar but has a hint of blue included that doesn’t even compare.

again, I could make the new truck work despite all these annoyances, but if it won’t come with the HUD or keyless features that are in reality old tech then no.

really interested to see what the interior has

16 minutes ago, obfirefighter22 said:

I don’t care what changes they make, if they don’t add HUD(heads up display), and the keyless handles/keyless start features I won’t be buying.

I love GM but it really frustrates me that they can’t add these simple features that the Tahoe’s and Escalades have had, along with the camaro/long list of other vehicles.

these trucks with all the specs ordered cost a fortune, and I don’t mind paying for it, but at least let me have the full list of features to pick from if I’m willing to spend the money.

also they frustrate me not letting me mix packages. When I ordered my LTZ Z71 Silverado I couldn’t get painted accessories instead of the chrome.  Instead the dealer had to order all the parts, have them painted, then installed when truck arrived.  Also looked at a Tahoe about a year ago and couldn’t get the Z71 Tahoe in LTZ package!! WTH!

one last thing,  introduce the better color options. Tungsten Metallic is gorgeous, but they removed it and have one similar but has a hint of blue included that doesn’t even compare.

again, I could make the new truck work despite all these annoyances, but if it won’t come with the HUD or keyless features that are in reality old tech then no.

really interested to see what the interior has

Another spot on post.  It needs to have the same features we have in our '17 Yukon.  HUD and the keyless needs to be included.  A refreshed infotainment center up front is needed to compete as well.  I have to give the nod to Ford its much easier to get the kind of truck with the options I want vs the GM offerings currently.

We have Iridium Metallic on the Yukon which I think is the exact same as Tungsten and it would look absolute killer on the Trail Boss package.  I'm hoping that's an option when its released.   I had heard that Tungsten wasn't offered anymore but it still shows as an option for the Tahoe?  

On 12/17/2017 at 5:31 PM, martha3065 said:
On 12/17/2017 at 12:24 PM, Bvonscott said:
The black bumpers are for the trail boss edition. The regular models will still have chrome. I disagree I love the embossed tailgate

Yep, I get that the black trim is the Trail Boss. My point was I like a painted trim option but dont want it a contrasting color. Hopefully an option will be like the current Z71, with body color trim. Even better if the LTZ version can be had without chrome so those of us that want the options don't have to swap things out after purchase.

I ordered my 2015 LTZ Z71 and wanted painted handles ext.  the dealership included in my order a set of handles/grill/window sills/ side molding/ and mirror caps, then had them painted and ready for install when the truck arrived.  They put the chrome parts in the boxes the painted parts came in, I then sold them and essentially broke even.  It cost $1700 for the parts and having them painted, but again I had to sell the chrome parts to get my money back

2 minutes ago, Aurora85 said:

Another spot on post.  It needs to have the same features we have in our '17 Yukon.  HUD and the keyless needs to be included.  A refreshed infotainment center up front is needed to compete as well.  I have to give the nod to Ford its much easier to get the kind of truck with the options I want vs the GM offerings currently.

We have Iridium Metallic on the Yukon which I think is the exact same as Tungsten and it would look absolute killer on the Trail Boss package.  I'm hoping that's an option when its released.   I'm not sure what Chevy was thinking getting rid of that color.  

Yeah I love GM in general but they irrated me on some things.  Logic would tell you that if the consumer is willing to spend the money and order the truck then you should allow all the options you have at you disposal.  

I love my 2015 and the feel in the cab, not sure what I’d change about the infotainment center but I’m sure there’s improvements to be had.  

Also think my 2015 is a great medium between rugged truck feel, but nice also. 

I held off off for awhile because certain models like 2013 seemed to look too much like a car in the inside.  TO ME it needs to be nice but have a true truck feel and appearance to it. I imagine it’s not easy to do by the design team, but think they did great on my current truck.  

Hopefully good things will come with this truck.  I was tempted to get the 17 but held off knowing a new style was near.  So if the interior delivers I’ll be 100% putting an order in on day one.  If not, I don’t know what I’ll do.  I refuse to keep a vehicle longer now a days.  I wear the vehicles out by the time I pay them off, so I accept the fact I’ll always have a payment.:/

23 minutes ago, Jmiller11331 said:

87107bf58a1723a74a823adef25728eb.jpg4f67bf9fef6b91ceb4f3b9c66ae7ccf0.jpg interior on new Silverado

I can't tell if it's got a key or it's push start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the exterior pictures I zoomed in and it looks like it has the button on the handle next to the key slot.  If it does then it should have the push start, which is one of the big things I am looking for.

theres clearly two distinctive items on each handle. One has to be the key slots, the  only other thing I could think of is the little button for the keyless features

1DEF4B2E-EFA8-4423-A87F-D292E497E8AD.png

Here’s another zoomed in view, but of the passenger side.  The passenger side doesn’t come with the key slots, esp not the back door.  So it having these white squares on the handles indicates to me that it’s the keyless features.  Hopefully, surely, the final product won’t be white.

1C7A0CFF-AE0A-4717-A883-81F3E7AD5F2D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, qwank said:

The new truck will definitely have a push button start. The Silverado is pretty much the only Chevy that doesn't have it 

Now my biggest question would be if the HUD will be avail in it.  

If if so I’m all in, as long as they don’t go GM and take away other cool/important features.  Even if they don’t bring back the tungsten metallic I fell in love with I think I could find a different color.  Hopefully they do the right thing.

i know these are my personal wants, and most may not care.

Archived