What you've been waiting for - Official Photos of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

Gorehamj

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-003.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

With help from Zane Merva, Executive Editor

12-17-2017

Chevrolet unexpectedly revealed the all-new "from the ground up" 2019 Silverado at an owner's event in Texas yesterday. Lucky GM fans got to see the truck, but details are being held back in anticipation of the mid-January Detroit Auto Show. Chevy says this new truck is all about what owners want. And Chevy says what they want is "more choice, more capability, and more functionality." This based on feedback from 7,000 owner interviews.

The company released a few select photos of a top trim line "Trail Boss" Silverado in a bright red. The Trail Boss trim level comes with the legendary Z71 package and a 2-inch lift. Chevrolet also made sure to mention the future full-size will come in eight different models and a slew of engine and transmission combinations. Check out the full press release at the bottom of this post for more details but the future sounds bright for the Silverado. 

If you're interested in seeing just how Chevy introduced the all new Silverado, check out this post with photos and video from the event.

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-001.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-002.jpg

NEXT-GEN SILVERADO REVEALED AT CHEVY TRUCK CENTENNIAL EVENT
All-new 2019 Silverado builds on 100 years of Chevy Truck expertise

DALLAS — The past and future met today with the introduction of the next-generation Chevrolet Silverado at an event celebrating the first 100 years of Chevy Trucks. Many in attendance were Chevy Truck Legends members, some of the brand’s most passionate owners. 

“Our owners’ passion for Chevrolet trucks is truly humbling,” said Alan Batey, president of GM North America, and global head of Chevrolet. “Many of our owners depend on their trucks for work and play, personalize their trucks in astonishing ways and pass their loyalty for Chevy Trucks down from generation to generation.

“For the Chevy Truck Centennial, we wanted to recognize the customers who have made Chevrolet part of their lives, and have them help kick off the next 100 years of Chevy Trucks.”  

The 2019 Silverado 1500 is all new from the ground up and leverages Chevrolet’s experience building more than 85 million dependable, long-lasting pickups. It also reflects feedback from more than 7,000 people on what they wanted in their next truck — the most customer research in the company’s history. 

The 2019 Silverado’s strong, modern design advances Chevrolet’s history of industry-leading pickup design. It’s a legacy built on decades of experience with models such as the Advance Design trucks of the 1950s and the C/K series of the 1960s. Those trucks set the standard for pickup design in their eras, and currently are some of the most coveted vintage trucks on the market. The next-generation Silverado is poised to change the face of trucks again, with a breakthrough design that is unmistakably Chevrolet.  

The new Silverado also delivers improved capability and performance. For example, a higher-grade alloy is used in the roll-formed, high-strength-steel bed floor, contributing to a bed that is more functional and lighter weight. This use of mixed materials and advanced manufacturing is evident throughout the Silverado, resulting in a significant reduction in total vehicle weight and improved performance in many measures.  

As no two truck customers are alike, the next-gen Silverado will offer an expanded range of models, more engine/transmission combinations and more technology and convenience features to help customers find their ideal truck. 

The new Silverado LT Trailboss is one of eight 2019 Silverado models. It integrates the off-road equipment of the Z71 package as well as a two-inch suspension lift. Unlike aftermarket lift kits, the Trailboss suspension is fully tested, validated and warrantied by Chevrolet. 

The 2019 Silverado will make its public debut in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, exactly 100 years after the first Chevrolet trucks were delivered to customers. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Zane featured this topic

I dont dislike it not 100% sold yet.  I really want to see the other standard models.  Also maybe a blue colored truck (hyper blue) would look better?  Why do they seem to pic red for all their vehicles?

1 minute ago, nowicksl said:

What about the interior?

My guess is we won't see that for quite some time.  I went to the public release of the 3rd generation Toyota Tacoma and we were not allowed to open doors, or the hood.  Common practice....according to the Chevy site January 13th they will release more information.  

What is with the indentation from the fender into the headlights? This shit needs to stop. I thought it was a joke when they announced the Tahoe/Suburban but it made it into production. I couldn't believe it. I'm also not happy about the round fenders. I don't like it at all. 

I will have to wait to see the big selling models. These Off Road specialty trucks all look kinda goofy! I like the side and the back a lot! The front, I will wait until I see one in person. I hope they have one at Barrett Jackson!

4 hours ago, waumo1 said:

Hopefully some of the other trim levels will look differently.  I don't get all the cheap black painted parts on the top of the line model.

This is an LT, not an LTZ or High Country.  I would guess the Trail Boss shown is not really a "top trim line" as stated.  You all know how they do this.  The tempting first looks are never all we will get.  And since I won't be one to take a $50K + truck into serious dirt, I'll be looking for something a bit more tame.  My list of GOTTA HAVES is short, 6.2liter engine, Magnetic Ride Control suspension, which is  why I didn't get a Tahoe, and bought a Yukon. All the else is fine tuning as I sit with dealer at the order table.

Finally round wheel wells = bigger tires  YAY ! suppose  to have a stock 2" lift totally warrantied   and covered by chevrolet  not sure if all trims,.

Looks a little colorado -ish , will have to see , not bad doesn't seem to have much headlight power though with the f150 type headlamps ,  I wonder if there will be new engine configurations , 

Introducing the new chevy ram f 1500 !

Archived