What you've been waiting for - Official Photos of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

Gorehamj

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm guessing the LT is going to have the front and rear bumper sensors. 
Screenshot_20171218-025548.thumb.png.91c201d1d65a9095d29ab40b270e334d.png
Is that truck an LT? I haven't seen any rear shots of the reveal truck to show the trim badge. Note the pic you included has clear turn signals. It may be an LTZ. The trucks in the media release pics which are LT have amber signals and don't have bumper sensors.

Actually prefer the look of the front grille,color matching and fenders on my '16 Z71. Wouldn't waste my time or money on the looks alone.

But, I'd like to see what they mean by "changes from the ground up". Traded my low mileage '15 Traverse for the new '18 which was changed "from the ground up" - Shouldn't even bear a Traverse  emblem because the only point in common with the older gen is the spacing of the license plate holes! Cost another $20K to trade up and worth every penny. The increased power V6 9spd tranny and 2WD/AWD transfer case and redesigned larger body with longer wheelbase anti-lean and anti-dive changes in suspension give the vehicle the pep and handling of a V6 Camaro, luxury ride of an Impala and functionality of the older 7 passenger Traverse people/cargo hauler. They turned a people mover/grocery getter into a luxury SUV with the handling of a sports car.

If by ground up changes they include all the gizmos added in the '18 Traverse like variable ratio steering, 6 surround cameras, radar detectors for vehicles and pedestrians, wide angle electronic LCD mirrors, camera washers, all LEDs with amazing multi D plus rectangular lenses auto leveling headlamps which could sunburn a deer, active auto lane centering, blind spot detectors, auto braking, adaptive cruise control, upgraded leather interior, synthesized birds eye view of vehicle and surrounds, acoustic glass, automatic zooming of the GPS as you approach and intersection or destination, and loads of other crap..........you can literally blackout every piece of glass on the vehicle and continue to drive using only the front and rear camera displays and electronic rear view mirror! And they finally upgraded their start stop system so if functions intelligently and seamlessly using a single deep cycle glass mat battery.

If the ground up changes for the '19 Silverado include the above, I'll trade in the '16 in a heartbeat.

15 hours ago, Lpsventures said:

Nothing more American than an announcement by someone with an accent!  LOL!  Just saying.

Global dude, he most likely gets paid less. I dunno who is he?

If this all new design is any indicator I would expect much more to follow . They said they have been listening .... time will tell as they reveal more lol. Looks to me like GM is after new blood . There has been mention of a lot more features and combinations . No doubt new drivetrain combinations . No matter what me thinks GM wants more of the ''show room pie ''.

I guess I am in the smaller group of people who like it...I'm not a huge fan of the grill, agree it is very fordish...but the rest I really like!  Especially they finally figured out the round wheel wells! 

I don't like the two tone, but really like how much chrome they stripped out...not that I will be getting one, love my '16, but if I were shopping, I'd probably wait for those to come out... really want to see what the single color paint job will look like.

Looks really nice but I love my 2017 Z71 OffRoad a lot better!!! Not impressed with the front end to be honest and I’m not a fan of the stamped tailgate.. I’d rather have the blacked out bow tie emblem 

Looks like a Ford Tundrado. Round wheel wells not doing it for me. I am sure they will have 50 new drivers aids programmed into it to drive me even more insane too. GMC's had the nicest facia in the business, I don't know why GM felt the need to outright copy the ugliest front end ever put on a pickup. Are those supposed to be headlights?  

I think it looks really good!  In time you will all like it too probably?  I am not sure about any front end black?  After driving it for 2yrears it's all going to be speckled and Chrome seems to be the only thing that holds up?   

1 hour ago, 10SierraA.T. said:

Looks like a Ford Tundrado. Round wheel wells not doing it for me. I am sure they will have 50 new drivers aids programmed into it to drive me even more insane too. GMC's had the nicest facia in the business, I don't know why GM felt the need to outright copy the ugliest front end ever put on a pickup. Are those supposed to be headlights?  

What he said. If I wanted a Ford I'd a bought a FORD. Look like my 15 is a keeper. 

Archived