What you've been waiting for - Official Photos of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

Gorehamj

First look. Don't like it. Hopefully the other trim lines/colors make the wrap around fender a little more palatable. Was hoping for a couple of updates like larger side view mirrors for the 1500. Doesn't look like that happened. Have to wait to see if they added rear seat heating and air conditioning vents?

2016 Z71 Silverado LTZ

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On December 17, 2017 at 11:54 AM, waumo1 said:

Hopefully some of the other trim levels will look differently.  I don't get all the cheap black painted parts on the top of the line model.

Yeah, for sure.  I've learned from experience (everything I've learned has been by experience/the hard way ?) that if you use your truck off road such as on a deer lease with lots of mesquite its best to stay with chrome as it doesn't scratch up  as badly as paint.  Just saying.... 

I like the new truck. Only thing I wish they did different was to recess the CHEVROLET on the tailgate, like the 73-87 trucks. Other than that, I like everything else, including the Mirrors. They remind me of the older truck, when that's where the mirror was. 

IMG_1983.jpg

Agree.  About mirrors;  the first power folding mirrors were on my 2005 Silverado.  And, from the get-go the right mirror had an intermittent folding problem.  However, I could never make the problem occur at the dealership.  Consequently, the problem was never fixed, just lived with it.  My current 2015 Silverado has exhibited the exact same problem and I have yet to be able to make the problem occur when at the dealership.  So, been living with it for over two years.  Now that I've become conditioned to this problem I sure hope GM designs it into the 2019.  Reminds me of the early Chevy small block V-8's, wasn't a real Chevy unless the rear main seal dripped oil or a lifter or two didn't clatter on a cold start ?...

15 hours ago, Skip Laney said:

First look. Don't like it. Hopefully the other trim lines/colors make the wrap around fender a little more palatable. Was hoping for a couple of updates like larger side view mirrors for the 1500. Doesn't look like that happened. Have to wait to see if they added rear seat heating and air conditioning vents?

2016 Z71 Silverado LTZ

Pictures posted in one of the 3 or 4 threads show vents in the center console for rear seats like they used to be.  I think I read somewhere that rear heated seats was a thing as well.

On December 17, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Artie61 said:

Finally round wheel wells = bigger tires  YAY ! suppose  to have a stock 2" lift totally warrantied   and covered by chevrolet  not sure if all trims,.

Looks a little colorado -ish , will have to see , not bad doesn't seem to have much headlight power though with the f150 type headlamps ,  I wonder if there will be new engine configurations , 

Introducing the new chevy ram f 1500 !

Concerning round wheel wells = bigger tires;  if you measure the distance of the wheel wells of both GM and Ford through the centerline of the tires, north/south and east/west you will find very little difference in the open space of GM and Ford wheel wells. Just saying ?.....

After seeing the pics at the Detroit show, I like it more and more, I'll probably hold off and snag a 2021 as my 2016 should have about 125-140k on it and be paid off by then.... Hopefully I'll have the $$ to upgrade to an LTZ crew with the ole 5.3 gaser...

Archived