MSD Distributor Rotor Removal

I am trying to remove the rotor on my MSD distributor that is secured with two phillips head screws. Now I have no idea how long the distributor has been attached to the block since the prior owner died before I purchased the truck.  I have had the truck for 2 years. 

No matter what I do, I cannot turn the screws to get them to move.  I am assuming that some serious rust is involved.  I did spray on some lubricant a 2nd time last night (WD-40).  After taking the distributor cap off, I did see that there is some rust there.

I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything like this before.  If so, were several rounds of applying lubricant the answer?

That does make it nice when the distributor is in the back and something goes wrong. I've used " Deep Creep" and had pretty good luck with removing rusted bolts and nuts before. Keep soaking it and give it time to soak in. I imagine it would be rough to try to get back there with an impact driver. I would also use the best and highest quality screwdriver that I could find.  If the rust is really bad and you have plenty of time, you could put a small glob of grease on the bottom of each screw and let it sit for several days or weeks and that should soak through and help. I did that trick on my tractor to free up the stuck linkage coming out of the block for the governor.   Good Luck!

Archived