I just contacted the attorney general with a complaint. I’m over dealing with GM head on. Customer service as a whole has went down the toilet lately. It doesn’t mater it you are buying a 99 cent water or a million dollar house if something isn’t what it was stated to be it should be fixed. But people and companies are not doing it and getting away with it and it’s just getting worse and worse. I’m not letting this one go. I don’t care if I have to come out of pocket on a lawyer. I bought a 100+k fifthwheel less than a year, special ordered it and we have had nothing but issues with it. Now we are out of warranty and are having to come out of pocket on stupid stuff that shouldn’t break on something only a year old. Like our water pump. Quality is at a all time low. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a coolant leak on my 2018 Duramax 3500hd.  After dropping the transmission and running a pressure test coolant was coming out of a bad casting spot on the engine block.  I lost my truck for 3 months while the engine was being replaced.  GM didn't cover a rental.  They tried to keep it quiet at the dealership.  I also run two 2006 Duramax trucks, a 2010 and 2011.  Nothing like this before.  I'm wondering if there is an issue with manufacturing.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, Ried said:

I had a coolant leak on my 2018 Duramax 3500hd.  After dropping the transmission and running a pressure test coolant was coming out of a bad casting spot on the engine block.  I lost my truck for 3 months while the engine was being replaced.  GM didn't cover a rental.  They tried to keep it quiet at the dealership.  I also run two 2006 Duramax trucks, a 2010 and 2011.  Nothing like this before.  I'm wondering if there is an issue with manufacturing.

Thats BS. They should have given you a loaner....

• 6 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 6:15 PM, Tyjames80 said:

Anyone have issues with a coolant leak the dealer “can’t find”. 

I bought my l5p denali duramax about 6 months ago and have put 15k on it in those 6 months. Mostly used for pulling my 43’ fifthwheel. 

Anyway the issue. At 3k the low coolant light came on and I brought it to the dealer. I was told air had not been properly removed from the cooling system when assembled so they burped it and I was on my way. I was good till 11k miles. At 11k the light came on again and I brought it in. The radiator was replaced, brought it home and started it a couple days later and the coolant light came on. Called the dealer same story burping air out so I topped it off myself. 11k noticed coolant puddle under it and coolant drips on passenger frame rail by front bumper. Brought it in and dealer couldn’t find a leak so I took it home. Two days later the coolant light came on and multiple drips were on the frame.

So at this point I have executive GM involved  with trying to figure it out. A couple things at this point have me worked up. Not one time was I offered a loaner car not once. After the radiator was replaced they put The plastic skid plate one under the radiator and broke it and left it on. 

So now I want a loaner when I drop it off. I wait almost a month before they give in and give me one and bring the truck back in. At this point the over flow is almost empty so it’s not leaking very fast. The truck now has 15k on it. 

I bring it it in and get a loaner car for the first time with 15k on it and the 4th visit in 6 months. Dealer still can not find a leak. I asked them to climb under they truck and look at the frame rail for coolant. He calls back and says it’s dry. So I send my wife to pick the truck up. She drives 15 miles home from the dealer and that’s it. When I got home from work I checked under the truck and it’s dripping coolant. 

So a couple of things so far, executive GM has done not one thing to help me out. I have done everything myself. They don’t return calls and do not return emails. The last time I brought my truck in the dealer refused to give me any paperwork showing that they actually looked at it they just gave me paperwork from my previous visit. 

He service advisor keeps telling me it’s burping out air and it’s residual coolant from the radiator replacement 4K miles ago and 2 months ago. I don’t know what to do. I have lost all respect for GM and their product. 

2833163A-A95C-4F14-A247-9D1526B8E6BF.png

Did you ever get this figured out? I know this thread is old, but I have noticed the same issue yesterday. I believe mine is the power steering line. Not to sure on this, the fluid didn't smell and was a little oily and clear. Here are some video links of the leakage.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0AOqdP-1ssVH_-WtyuckaoF-A

IMG_3357.JPG

That's what I would do but then I would be trying to fix the leak myself for my own convenience that way I would not be constantly increasing my blood pressure by getting mad at the dealership their hands tend to be tied alot by rules as far as a technician not finding the leak they like to work on cool engines and would likely not want to get the engine hot enough for coolant to seep out hence the pressure test that alot of times tells nothing. 

• 2 months later...

Had the same problem with my 2015 Sierra. My first indication was on a long trip.  After being on the road for about 9 hours, I got a bunch of bells and whistles saying my engine was overheating and pull over.  A quick glance at my engine temp gauge showed it pegged at the max temp.  I pulled over and it immediately went back to normal temp.  Figuring it was just a hiccup of some sort, I began driving again slowly and after an hour, back up to normal interstate speeds with no issues the remaining 7 hours.  The next day I checked the overflow tank and there was nothing in it.  I had to add a total of a gallon of 50/50 mix to get it to the cold level mark (filled it...ran the motor....let it cool and topped it off again).   Since then, I have had to add about 2 qts every month.  I took it to a local dealer, and after two days of trouble shooting they found a "small leak".  They plan to replace the radiator and thermostat....for a total bill of $ 1700!!!  I about had a stroke when he told me that amount!  

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Rion5614 said:

What is this part called?? That is where I’m leaking coolant from 

30C5936F-69DC-4780-98FB-FF220673B58C.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

Just out of curiosity, what engine is that? The more info you provide, better answers you will get.

Otherwise, all we can do is guess. 

27 minutes ago, Rion5614 said:

Yes it’s leaking from the bottom metal tubing. 

I see. Unless the metal is totaly corroded and paper thin, I would patch it using the product in the picture below. Just clean the area with alcohol, and make a patch that is maybe   l  I    <---   That thick with the sealant, and let it sit for 24 hours. I have used this stuff to patch fuel tanks, slashed tire sidewalls, boat hulls, cracked oil pans, damaged radiators, A/C condensers, etc. If that option is not appealing, you could get some tubing from the local metal supply store and fabricate a replacement. Or maybe chop that original tube up with a hacksaw, and use the 2 inch long pieces as "couplers" to replace the pipes with sections of rubber hoses.

71Sahztw3JL._AC_SX679_.jpg