What do you want to see in the new 2019 Silverado?

Jeffro19

But, if I had to choose more things, it'd be to include the option to hook your smart phone (Android or Apple) to the touch screen and replicate the functions and screen, rather than have the options of built-in GPS and other gizmos.  My thought is that the truck is a longer lived product than a smart phone and should be accommodating of the smart phone, not competing with it.

We have this now to some degree with the inclusion of Apple CarPlay and Android auto. The apps streamed to the screen are limited, but it does allow use of the phones GPS. It also allows non attention distraction apps like music and other audio type apps. I don’t think they’ll ever include complete mirroring of the phone to the screen as the lawsuits would fly as people crash trying to watch videos on dash!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see GM bring back the 1500HD with a diesel engine option, preferably the 4.5L Duramax. Another cool trim would be a Diesel powered ZR2 model like the Colorado. All I know is according to Chevrolet's site we'll learn what comes on the 2019 trucks 1.13.2018! 

Edited by crafferty

Round wheelwells for round tires .  There's a concept.  

More sound insulation. 

Bring back the GMT800 bucket seat.  Since the GMT900, the buckets have been crap.

Wheres the 360 cameras with active traffic monitor (available on a Subaru)?

Edited by Spurshot

11 hours ago, FIREBLADE74 said:

Do they turn on n off with the raising n lowering of the hood?

If so I’m interested very!

I installed a switch on battery terminal cover

20161112_122916.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

-Heated Windshield Washer Fluid

-Front Selectable Locker

-Ability to put snow chains on front tires

-OEM Supercharger for the 6.2L

-3.73 or 4.10s

-Underhood Light

-Keep Key Ignition

-Keep Column Shifter

With all that being said, I will take a Trail Boss 4dr. with RST drivertrain and the High Country interior.  Metallic Gray please.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Z71-K9 said:

-Heated Windshield Washer Fluid

-Front Selectable Locker (for the 10 people that might actually make use of it? That just adds to the development costs that get passed down the entire line and raises the price that is already insanely expensive.)

-Ability to put snow chains on front tires

-OEM Supercharger for the 6.2L (Dealer installed sure)

-3.73 or 4.10s (it will have a 10 spd transmission, not needed)

-Underhood Light (yes)

-Keep Key Ignition (yes)

-Keep Column Shifter (yes)

With all that being said, I will take a Trail Boss 4dr. with RST drivertrain and the High Country interior.  Metallic Gray please.

8 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Twin panel sunroof or a panoramic roof! Also separate controls for the rear HVAC!

Also a ZR2 model to fit between LTZ and high country! 

To have rear controls it needs a separate blower and system, not to mention to even make the rear vents useful they need that (which is why rear vents are mostly useless) and it is too small an area for them to do it.

Why price a ZR2 that high? It just prices the people that probably actually need and use a truck like that out of the truck and puts it at a price point for all suburban dads to buy as a status symbol like the Raptor is now at $70k+. If they make a ZR2, keep it no higher than mid level trim (like the Trail boss). It doesn't need a fancy dash, super soft leather seats and suede headliners...

Tyler

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

To have rear controls it needs a separate blower and system, not to mention to even make the rear vents useful they need that (which is why rear vents are mostly useless) and it is too small an area for them to do it.

Why price a ZR2 that high? It just prices the people that probably actually need and use a truck like that out of the truck and puts it at a price point for all suburban dads to buy as a status symbol like the Raptor is now at $70k+. If they make a ZR2, keep it no higher than mid level trim (like the Trail boss). It doesn't need a fancy dash, super soft leather seats and suede headliners...

Tyler

I would assume the Trail Boss versions takes the idea of a lower price ZR2....... A fairly equipped LT trail boss shouldn't be far off a LTZ's price tag,  Also the Multimatic shocks would up the price, locking front and rear diff. They would probably chop/make a different bumper.

Just look at the Colorado ZR2 its real expensive compared the highest equipped model, But it still sells.

7 hours ago, BigBadSierra said:

Just make sunroofs a option on all trims. I refuse to go to the top trim level just to get one.

This is the case with all of GM vehicles though.

I had a base 1993 Caviler with a sunroof.

Yes! I was going to buy a truck back in November and realized this, I wanted a LT Z71, Only the LTZ  and SLT and above gets sunroof's. I didn't care for the LTZ z71 options it had.........

The 2019 models I am almost sure some of the lower trims has it. The LT Trail boss which is on GM HQ on display has one.