What do you want to see in the new 2019 Silverado?

Jeffro19

How about being able to build a truck the way I want it 100%.  Like getting a work truck but wanted a heated steering wheel because one might work from the truck and lives in the north where it is actually cold.

I would be willing to wait longer if I could actually build the truck with just the options I want.  Like a trail boss with a diesel or 6.2. Heck bring back an 8.1 built like the current engines with DI.  Novel thought there. Some don't want diesels and all the head aches the emission systems have at times and dealing with DEF.

Lets see, a Trail Boss with push button start, HUD, heated steering wheel. Cool/heated seats, BSM, active cruise control, LDW, 360 view cam, CTW,  lockable front diff, 3:73 or 4:10 gears, gauge cluster like in the Denali, memory seats, grab handles all around, 8' bed with CC, front seats with actual lumbar support.  My 02 will push your kidneys out your gut.

The 2019 is supposed to be a complete overhaul but yet the interior is basically the same as current models. Just a few minor changes. To me that is a refresh not "all new".

1) For me I would like this truck to not limit the engine choices or tranny's based on trim. If I wanted a strip down truck but not the base motor, I want the option of choosing any engine I want and not have to settle like I did for my 5.3 Lt Z71. Not all of us can afford a 50k+ truck. I realize the diesel will be limited to higher trims but don't limit the 6.2 as that one is on par for Ford's TT 3.5.

2) Pricing needs to be more competitive with Ford or at least in my area it does as you get in a much better equipped Ford truck for the same or a little less than a GM.

3) The throttle response needs to be improved and not that limp d*** response they currently have (even with a paint stick stuck behind the pedal  bracket).

4) To those that want a TT V6, why settle? I say instead of copying Ford, one up them with a TT V8. I was surprised when Ford didn't do a TT V8 for their new gen Super Duties as a mid level engine option. If GM were to do a TT V8, I think they could steal the crown from Ford.

5) Tech safety packages should be available on all trims and not some on this trim and some more on this trim and so on. Do I need it? No but as a 25 year old man, that little gecko sure does get a lot of my income and some of those safety tech will help alleviate it. Besides, we are all human and none are perfect, it may actual prevent an accident with me or someone else driving the truck.

6) Kinda circles back to the one upping point but instead of just surpassing other manufacturers power/mpg/towing ratings, blow them out of the water. If Brand A offers a base engine with 300 HP and 315 TQ, don't do a 305 HP and #20 TQ with 20/27 Mpg towing 8000 pounds, make a considerable difference in the numbers to get peoples attention. Being on the offensive will net sales and leave the other manufacturers scrambling after GM plus the consumer benefits in the end.

7) A HUD will be nice if it can be had in lower trims in combination with a gauge display like the Denali's or Lariats have.

8) Drain holes in the bed of the truck for retractable bed covers so that one does not have to drill holes (I refuse to put holes in my truck)

9)Factory standard spray on bed liner.

10) LED lights all around for all trims.

11)  Can't believe I nearly forgot this but up the power ratings of current engines. I want to see the 5.3 do around 420 HP and 460 TQ. That should create enough of the difference between the 5.0 Coyote, 2.7 Eco, 5.7 Hemi and Iforce, and 5.6 Endurance. This circles back to point number 6. The greater the gap, the better as long as the gap is in their favor.

12) Bring the assembly back to the US. I got the Double Cab because it was assembled here in the US. Ford assembles their F150 in the US, Nissan their Titan in the US and the Tundra is assembled in the sovereign state of Texas. I refuse to consider Chrysler products as I've known way to many people with them that had nothing but issues both old and new.

This is what I would like to see. I've got the itch for a new truck again. For me, points 1,2,5 and 12 will be deal breakers for me. I have no brand loyalties and will buy what I like. I am considering the smaller mid-size trucks as they are more than enough truck for me but don't really care for the GM mid-size. The main reason fyi for the constant references to Ford is that they are the main competitors to GM as well as being the number one in the segment. I will now sit back and wait patiently for the thrashing I am sure I will receive.

saw the 19 Silverado in crewcab/shortbed 4x4 LTZ form at the Houston Auto Show. It was on a restricted platform display so no interior views possible. I liked the character lines of the truck including the front end. The rear tailgate actually is convex outwards with a buldge. 

On 1/27/2018 at 2:03 AM, Wayne3593 said:

1) For me I would like this truck to not limit the engine choices or tranny's based on trim. If I wanted a strip down truck but not the base motor, I want the option of choosing any engine I want and not have to settle like I did for my 5.3 Lt Z71. Not all of us can afford a 50k+ truck. I realize the diesel will be limited to higher trims but don't limit the 6.2 as that one is on par for Ford's TT 3.5.

2) Pricing needs to be more competitive with Ford or at least in my area it does as you get in a much better equipped Ford truck for the same or a little less than a GM.

3) The throttle response needs to be improved and not that limp d*** response they currently have (even with a paint stick stuck behind the pedal  bracket).

4) To those that want a TT V6, why settle? I say instead of copying Ford, one up them with a TT V8. I was surprised when Ford didn't do a TT V8 for their new gen Super Duties as a mid level engine option. If GM were to do a TT V8, I think they could steal the crown from Ford.

5) Tech safety packages should be available on all trims and not some on this trim and some more on this trim and so on. Do I need it? No but as a 25 year old man, that little gecko sure does get a lot of my income and some of those safety tech will help alleviate it. Besides, we are all human and none are perfect, it may actual prevent an accident with me or someone else driving the truck.

6) Kinda circles back to the one upping point but instead of just surpassing other manufacturers power/mpg/towing ratings, blow them out of the water. If Brand A offers a base engine with 300 HP and 315 TQ, don't do a 305 HP and #20 TQ with 20/27 Mpg towing 8000 pounds, make a considerable difference in the numbers to get peoples attention. Being on the offensive will net sales and leave the other manufacturers scrambling after GM plus the consumer benefits in the end.

7) A HUD will be nice if it can be had in lower trims in combination with a gauge display like the Denali's or Lariats have.

8) Drain holes in the bed of the truck for retractable bed covers so that one does not have to drill holes (I refuse to put holes in my truck)

9)Factory standard spray on bed liner.

10) LED lights all around for all trims.

11)  Can't believe I nearly forgot this but up the power ratings of current engines. I want to see the 5.3 do around 420 HP and 460 TQ. That should create enough of the difference between the 5.0 Coyote, 2.7 Eco, 5.7 Hemi and Iforce, and 5.6 Endurance. This circles back to point number 6. The greater the gap, the better as long as the gap is in their favor.

12) Bring the assembly back to the US. I got the Double Cab because it was assembled here in the US. Ford assembles their F150 in the US, Nissan their Titan in the US and the Tundra is assembled in the sovereign state of Texas. I refuse to consider Chrysler products as I've known way to many people with them that had nothing but issues both old and new.

This is what I would like to see. I've got the itch for a new truck again. For me, points 1,2,5 and 12 will be deal breakers for me. I have no brand loyalties and will buy what I like. I am considering the smaller mid-size trucks as they are more than enough truck for me but don't really care for the GM mid-size. The main reason fyi for the constant references to Ford is that they are the main competitors to GM as well as being the number one in the segment. I will now sit back and wait patiently for the thrashing I am sure I will receive.

I have been talking about a v-8 turbo for a long time with my friends. Think about all the 4.8 LS motors from junkyards that have turbos strapped to them. Those motors aren't made for turbos and they hold up to big power. The 4.8 turbo would blow fords v6 turbo out of the water. I bet they could bet some good gas mileage plus still have that V8 sound instead of the whiny v6 sound.

Power and quality.

More engine, slicker electronics. I'm picky, however, comparing this truck (2015 Sierra) To my last car (2007 Audi), things like changing the radio station is delayed, headlights aren't tracked by steering input, heck, even the heated seats could distribute heat more evenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I still would like to see a panaoramic sunroof, 440hp and 480lb ft of Torque in the 6.2 in the RST.  Dual mode exhaust like the Camaro and corvette would be cool for the factory dual exhaust but don’t see that happening. Auto cruise control, magnetic suspension 

-Have 6.2 available in LT/SLE trim

-Available front diff locker

-Sunroof available in double cab configuration

-Vinyl floor covering available with luxury options

-Get rid of auto stop/start and skipfire technology or at least make it an option, not everyone wants this

-Don’t lock down the ECM and TCM like they’ve done in the duramax

-Have 6.2 available in LT/SLE trim
-Available front diff locker
-Sunroof available in double cab configuration
-Vinyl floor covering available with luxury options
-Get rid of auto stop/start and skipfire technology or at least make it an option, not everyone wants this
-Don’t lock down the ECM and TCM like they’ve done in the duramax
Add optional 373 gearing also on the half tons with 6.2

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1.) Coil Over Shocks w/reservoir on Z71 models

2.) Power folding mirrors standard on LT/SLE and up trims

3.) Buttery Smooth shifting Transmission

4.) Under hood light and front/rear floor lighting

5.) Carbon composite bed for Chevrolet

.... to name a few

What I would like to see, will never happen. A Regular cab long box with a 6.2 or even the old tried and true 6.0 (no displacement on demand or start/stop) and a 6speed manual. One piece or 60/40 bench, none of this 40/20/40 nonsense. Electric lockers (rear minimum, but front would be nice too), manual shift transfer case, bare bones truck. Maybe with power window, locks and A/C as those seem the be base model stuff on most vehicles anyway anymore. Basically give me the option to buy the 2019 version of my old 79 K10 long box, with a 454 and sm465.

Edited by Daly

On 4/1/2018 at 12:21 PM, Lilcanadian said:

-Have 6.2 available in LT/SLE trim Yes

-Available front diff locker Not needed for the cost and development. Let alone the few that want it and the even fewer that would actually legitimately use it. Just add a brake based TC up front will be plenty, it mostly is an image thing with many guys anyway. There are aftermarket options if you truly need it, but if you do you are probably in the wrong vehicle with an IFS...

-Sunroof available in double cab configuration Is it not already? Other wise yes.

-Vinyl floor covering available with luxury options Yes but add a nice layer of sound absorption underneath to keep it quiet, rubber isn't carpet in that regard but would love to have that floor.

-Get rid of auto stop/start and skipfire technology or at least make it an option, not everyone wants this Nope, needs to stay for many reasons. It is either this or hello small displacement 4/6 cylinder engines. Start stop is defeatable factory with a button, skip fire will be eventually though not sure why you would.

-Don’t lock down the ECM and TCM like they’ve done in the duramax They will eventually be able to be tuned, having them so hard to crack now helps keep warranty costs down from those who tune, break and then hide it and cause the company to pay. So I am glad it will be tougher but it will never be not available...

Mostly good ideas...

Tyler

20 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Mostly good ideas...

Tyler

Not sure why we need both cylinder deactivation and auto stop/start. I’m not crazy about the idea of the engine running on 1 cylinder, sounds like a system that might have a lot of bugs to work out.

I agree that locking the ECM will save them warranty claims from those tuning under warranty but for those of us waiting for our warranty to be over to tune this really sucks.

Edited by Lilcanadian

Not sure why we need both cylinder deactivation and auto stop/start. I’m not crazy about the idea of the engine running on 1 cylinder, sounds like a system that might have a lot of bugs to work out.
I agree that locking the ECM will save them warranty claims from those tuning under warranty but for those of us waiting for our warranty to be over to tune this really sucks.
Does it really save Warranty claims though? I'm asking because most tuners are reputable and know what they are doing and I've never heard of atune causing a issue.. Except for locking up a ecm here and there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk