Fox adventure series shocks

I installed the RC 3.5 kit earlier this year. RC includes shocks in this kit that don’t have oem fit at least in the front. These RC front shocks never impressed me and their bushings failed so I replaced them with fox shocks. The fox adventure series are affordable enough for me and have oem fit as well as several length options. I’m pleased so far with these shocks after 500 miles or so. I will be getting the rear replaced soon as well however I wanted to evaluate a set on the front before I spent any more money. My trip to work includes a short bridge that was very jarring and I hated going over it , now it has smoothed out or let’s say the jarring edge has been taken off it’s still bumpy just not alarmingly so. In the short term I can say these are great shocks. My truck has a more controllable feel over bumpy conditions and  expect this to only improve with the addition of the rear shocks. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2017 at 5:52 PM, GMC4Zee said:

I was looking at those too. Main thing I see is the Fox shock has a stouter piston rod 5/8" vs 1/2". Both have floating mono tube pistons. Waiting to see what people say about them.

I will keep my experience and opinions updated but for now I’m very happy and can’t wait to get the rear outfitted to see how much better it gets. The front shocks have for now completely taken away the jarring edge when going over bumps. Haven’t been on a wash boarded dirt road yet either. 

• Like 1

I installed the RC 3.5 kit earlier this year. RC includes shocks in this kit that don’t have oem fit at least in the front. These RC front shocks never impressed me and their bushings failed so I replaced them with fox shocks. The fox adventure series are affordable enough for me and have oem fit as well as several length options. I’m pleased so far with these shocks after 500 miles or so. I will be getting the rear replaced soon as well however I wanted to evaluate a set on the front before I spent any more money. My trip to work includes a short bridge that was very jarring and I hated going over it , now it has smoothed out or let’s say the jarring edge has been taken off it’s still bumpy just not alarmingly so. In the short term I can say these are great shocks. My truck has a more controllable feel over bumpy conditions and  expect this to only improve with the addition of the rear shocks. 
How are you liking that lift? What size tires are you using? Pictures of your truck? [emoji16]

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, rocnrol said:

How are you liking that lift? What size tires are you using? Pictures of your truck? emoji16.png

The lift or level what ever people want to call it has been fine except for the shocks. If I did this again I might mix and match parts. Some argue about exactly what is needed to level a truck and there is more than one approach, I added what in my experience with other trucks I wanted to add. I also looked at other leveled and lifted trucks before I decided what to add. Like I said it’s worked well so far with the exception of the RC shocks. 

I’m running 295/60/20 Kanati  mud hog tires on mayhem warrior wheels with 18mm offset. 

A41336A4-BD9F-45F0-B6AE-459845CF8205.jpeg

Edited by 4wdriver
Miss spelling
  • Like 1

The lift or level what ever people want to call it has been fine except for the shocks. If I did this again I might mix and match parts. Some argue about exactly what is needed to level a truck and there is more than one approach, I added what in my experience with other trucks I wanted to add. I also looked at other leveled and lifted trucks before I decided what to add. Like I said it’s worked well so far with the exception of the RC shocks. 
             I’m running 295/60/20 Kanati  mud hog tires on mayhem warrior wheels with 18mm offset. 
A41336A4-BD9F-45F0-B6AE-459845CF8205.jpeg.6bde0f4fbd0eec12f73375a1f629e480.jpeg
Awesome!! Thanks!

6 hours ago, CuzznVinny said:

I have the same truck and lift. Care to share part numbers on the shocks. Thanks

983-50-029 front 983-50-030 rear. Keep in mind I have only installed and verified fit on the front shocks the rear I just ordered. I put the rear blocks in my truck some people don’t  this part number is for 1.5-3.5 inch lift. I got these numbers from the fox shocks web site. They had 3 choices for our Silverado stock height 1.5-3.5 lift and then one for a larger lift I forget now. Hopefully I will have the rear shocks installed this coming weekend. 

13 minutes ago, CuzznVinny said:

Thanks... so when you say better OEM like fit, I assume the fox shocks dont have the bushing bracket adapter plate at the top like the RC.

Correct. Those bushings failed on my truck which is why I got the fox shocks. Fox shocks have the proper mounting system and came with new upper bolts, you’ll use your original lower mounting bolt. I did call rough country and they sent bushings for free but they were the totally wrong bushings. I’m sorta glad I gave up on the RC shocks because the fox shocks are for sure better with regards to ride they also appear to be of better construction. 

Edited by 4wdriver
Spelling

• 5 months later...

Ive have mine on a while and like them, definitely an improvement. I've had bilstein's on other trucks. Id rate the fox adventure series and bilstein's about the same. They're roughly about the same price too.