Fox adventure series shocks

• 11 months later...

My wife and I were going to pick up an air conditioner my friend had worked on and while traveling I heard a clunky noise. Turns out I had a rear fox shock break. Less than a year and a half. The weld broke on the top bushing. This truck is a road queen so far meaning abuse is not a factor here. Maybe the heavy duty truck and crappy roads here are to blame not sure. I emailed fox. Hope they respond. Not sure what I will do. I do have a clunky noise up front which I thought might be a worn idler or tie rod end which I found recently and have parts to fix it but with this recent development I will have to look closely at the front shocks. 

6C4C4AEA-4EB8-4C04-8045-AAD29D7C5B70.jpeg

New York yes salt. While the coating was not hearty enough to last very long the weld was broken not rusted apart. When I have time I will post what Fox’s response was. 

• Like 1

Fox informed me the shock had been in extreme weather and was past its 1 year warranty which it is not quite a year and a half old so yes it’s past barely. All of there products are subject to extreme conditions by nature obviously. They suggested I buy an aluminum body shock of theirs which probably won’t happen unless they want to prorate a set for a very good price. 

I wrote back and suggested a disclaimer about which of their products could hold up to extreme weather conditions so people wouldn’t choose a shock with poor paint protection like this shock.

I changed jobs at the end of last summer and have a company vehicle so my HD rarely went out in the extreme weather this winter. It’s a shame because they still have dampening just broken. 

4 hours ago, ftwhite said:

The mounting eye on the performance series seems to be much beefy-er. 7a4f0cecd95f0f834b7391fb4343d4a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That does look more substantial for sure. 

I have the series 2 Fox performance shocks on for about a year now. I live in upstate NY and have the salt used in winters. Shocks are holding up well and it does tame the bouncy ride of the HD. I also have larger tires so the unsprung weight is increased by about 5 lbs per wheel. A step up would be the reservoir model but you dont need that unless you do allot of off roading. They do hold up well when towing my 5th wheel also.