Is your truck used for work? Play? Or both?

I’m wondering what new 1/2 ton owners actually do with their trucks.

My 2017 1500 LT is my daily driver and actually does very little work. I guess you could call it a ‘Home Owner’ truck, lol!
I get mulch in the spring, use it for yard waste, and other occasional home owner duties, but 99% of the time the bed is empty.

With light trucks being #1 in sales for decades in the US, I’m just curious as to how many of these newer trucks actually work every day vs how many are personal non working trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are exactly like me...I drive into work 2 or 3 days a week with it (work from home the other 2 or 3 days)...pickup home project stuff from home depot or lowes, mulch, yard waste, it's the best for my kids hockey gear as that usually smells but when it's in the tailgate you can't smell anything!.....i'll be amazed if I actually pull a trailer while I have it.  I also have a 2017 5.3 LT, but was able to put a lot down on it as I used to have a Volkswagen diesel and they had to pay me a ton of money for it.  Anyhow, we'll probably get burned on these forums but whatever!  I love my truck, hope you are enjoying yours.

My truck is a weekend warrior. Either going to the home improvement stores, hauling yard & garden supplies and waste, hunting, or just going out. I plow snow on my own and 2 other rural driveways so it gets some work in the winter. I also have a landscaping trailer which can be used to transport the snowmobile and lawn mower.

also, since the crew cab is larger than my wife's terrain, it is the family cruiser for weekend trips to the grandparents.

I have a daily driver work beater when I have to go to job sites, and I also work from home half the time. So my truck generally lives in the garage M-F.

When I worked my trucks were used for that, last one 2014. I have a 92 custom truck, hot rod- light home duties. Trip duties and daily driver mid sized car, much more efficient and comfortable.

Modern quad cab pick is just a nice suv with a bed instead of a third row and it’s $20k cheaper

This is my first pickup truck, which I use for work. Bought a double cab. I think I will be owning a quad cab pickup for a long time, unless I need the 3rd row.

For $40k you can’t name any other vehicle that can beat a quad cab slt 6.2 all around-

22mpg highway

420hp

0-60 in 5.5

interior volume

towing capability

cargo capability

off-road capability

snow capability

safety

luxury

nvh

nothing comes close except maybe another brands quad cab pickup

Fyi i personally think a low option slt 6.2 is the sweet spot for value

With the exception of one or two points, off road, towing. All wheel drive mid sized car, cheaper, faster, more fuel efficient. With the money you save buy a used truck for the rest. I did.

24 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

With the exception of one or two points, off road, towing. All wheel drive mid sized car, cheaper, faster, more fuel efficient. With the money you save buy a used truck for the rest. I did.

+1

Never intended it to be a daily driver. Tows the boat, camper, and utility trailer. Weekend warrior. Have an Impala for day to day stuff. Wife has her RAV 4.

I use mine for the commute to work and while I am at work it is used as well, I am in the construction lending field so getting to some of the sites the 4x4 comes in handy. Homeowners chores as well. I guess I use it about a 50/50 mix work to pleasure. 

Daily driver 2 weeks per month during cooler months 1 week out of the month for warmer months, got 2 other cars and 2 motorcycles. I doubt if I’ll ever use this truck to it’s full potential. They are just too gorgeous for true truck duties lol. 

Mine is a daily driver and also bought it for 4wd. Leaving in northern ohio it comes in handy. I also pull a trailer once in awhile. Looking to get a camper soon and also put mine and my son's 2 dirtbikes in back.

Archived