On star and My Chevrolet App?

Question, about the My Chevrolet App.

I used to have the option to open the app and under "vehicle status" see how much gas I had, Tire air pressure etc.

Now I have "Upgrade Now"  ( see pic) ???

5a451a89ca29e_SilveradoMychevyapp..thumb.png.af97ab9bb44d6c9c7cce017ba9e0153e.png

So, This app can only be used if you have a active On Star account like guidance , and does not work with the basic package?

Kinda sucks...It was cool to see the "Vehicle Status" , tire pressures and gas levels / oil level and % and such.

I still get monthly emails with all this stuff, so its strange the app does not display these anymore?

I'm waiting for someone to figure out how to continue the free "basic" package beyond the 5 year window.

When I've tried to ask onstar representatives, they have no clue.

My experience with this app, one month everything works then one day I will open it and it tells me to upgrade..then a month or two passes by and it all works..and so on? Doesn't make much sense but on-star reps have no clue whats included and whats not. I have the factory NAV and I was able to send directions right to the car through the app even on the "Free Subscription",  which one day stopped working.. and now has been working since along with the fob options.

If you pay for the data plan $20/month they toss some extra stuff like the vehicle status and remote start supposedly at least thats what my email said but I no longer have the wifi data plan to check. Maybe someone who does can verify for us on their app. My remote start still works though since I’ve only had the truck for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read an earlier post about this same issue. I want to say that someone responded with a similar experience to yours.  They were prompted to update the app on their phone and did the update.  After the update, some of the features on the app no longer worked. I believe that they uninstalled the app and then downloaded the previous version and all the features worked again.  Of course they were notified that an update was available, but they just didn't make the mistake of updating the app after that .

I just went through all that app problem with our 2017 Malibu and 2015 Traverse I lost remote start on both and all the vehicle status etc things. I had to call them to submit a trouble ticket with that all said and done the rep told me they had a major backend server coding problem that was causing this so everybody you need to call them to get it straightened out, mine finally got fixed on xmas eve after about 2-3 weeks.

PS We only have security on our plan for both vehicles my 2015 2500HD doesn't have onstar.

I was wondering if something happened with the app recently. Both me and my wife had to re-login. We haven't had to do that in a long time. we forgot our password.

Everything seems to be the same as it always was for me.

Archived