In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Who needs help, who can help, Willing to travel a little?

So I thought this might be a cool topic to bring up. Unless you live in Texas you don’t really realize how far it is from Austin to Dallas Or Dallas to Houston. We get into projects where you need more than one set of hands. It would be nice to know people were willing to travel a little to help the form number.

I live in Marblefalls, TX which is about 45 miles NW of Austin. If someone needs some help let me know, I commute to Austin everyday for work.

Edited by Slapps74
  • 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I live in the Austin area and all my family is in Houston so I make my way down there often. If hands or tools are needed, I'm down to show up and turn some wrenches. ?

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys, well GM bought back my problematic 2017 and gave me a 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali.

I could use some help, I want to add the front leveling kit and rear blocks. I bought everything from Suspension Maxx but I cant find information on the Torque specs, could also use a hand or two.

I live in Leander, any takers?

Thanks,

Steve

On 10/2/2018 at 8:08 AM, the33z33 said:

I know this is an old thread but I live in the Austin area and all my family is in Houston so I make my way down there often. If hands or tools are needed, I'm down to show up and turn some wrenches. ?

Hi Guys, well GM bought back my problematic 2017 and gave me a 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali.

I could use some help, I want to add the front leveling kit and rear blocks. I bought everything from Suspension Maxx but I cant find information on the Torque specs, could also use a hand or two.

I live in Leander, any takers?

Thanks,

Steve

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 4:05 PM, MRob said:

I'm in San Antonio and like to work on upgrades... willing to help, learn and share!

Did you ever get any upgrades going?  I'm here in San Antonio and a first time Silverado owner.  Just curious.  

Edited by Philipgonzales3

Our Camaro club did/does this sort of thing helping each other out. Works out well.

Ryan B.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm out of the way from most places.
Halfway between I10and I20.

30 miles North of Ft Stockton, 60 miles from Odessa.
 I can't do much on my own now.

Mostly small stuff.
 I have a shifter to install, so I can have more than [R]everse and [D]rive.Missing 2 or 3 screws,not sure if my junkbox has any that will fit the bill.
 And trying to get two tires installed.

Vehicle is not on the road at this time, need to get the tries on and get it inspected.

It has a nice Aluminium tool box,but alas, I need to remove it,, as I need to haul round bales,and the box is around 6 ',not long enough for both. My Ram has a toolbox that was no problem, because it has an 8'+ box.

On the other hand,I have that space behind the front seats that will hold what I used to put in the box.

Used to be,I could do most things on my own,and even help others,LOL.
 COPD and other things have reversed that.

Wayne WA2YNE

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.