Level/Wheel/Tire... Help!!

Ok boys and girls. I’ve converted from Ram to Chevy. Just Sold my 17 Ram 2500 mega cab with a 6.5in lift on 22in wheels and 37s. Bought a 18 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Plus and want to do a little extra but not crazy like my last truck. I love the look of 22in wheels and 35s. Can I get away with a level kit and some trimming and have no rubbing? If so, what brand and style level kits are best. I’m ok with spending the money as long as I’m getting a solid result. Sorry if any of this sounds dumb but I’ve had 6 Rams the last 7 years.  This is my first jump to a GM pickup truck only because the auto group I work for just bought our first GM store. Thanks in advance!

Congrats on coming over [emoji869][emoji41][emoji106]

All I did was turn up my bars with the factory keys to level the front end. I also have bags in the back, and with 5-10 psi in them, it adds about an 1" to the rear.

I run 305-75-18 tires on factory 18" wheels and only have slight rubbing on the frame at full lock. 992c90aebad1aaa278f8a3d115967025.jpgdba9b87aae0266388c182fe2efaca254.jpgd93f4d6683670e82cecbb7cca24cc251.jpg

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Love to see a picture of your old ram. I’m on 34s with 20in mayhem wheels with 18mm offset with minor trimming to the valance. For 22s with 35s not sure what you would have to do but for sure do your research. Height width and wheel offset will have to be just right depending on your level or lift. Check out a website custom offsets they have hundreds of pictures with specific info, they also sell wheel and tire packages. There are definitely some cheap minimalist approaches but the wheel and tire size you like will probably require more than just cranking your Torsion bars up. 

Love to see a picture of your old ram. I’m on 34s with 20in mayhem wheels with 18mm offset with minor trimming to the valance. For 22s with 35s not sure what you would have to do but for sure do your research. Height width and wheel offset will have to be just right depending on your level or lift. Check out a website custom offsets they have hundreds of pictures with specific info, they also sell wheel and tire packages. There are definitely some cheap minimalist approaches but the wheel and tire size you like will probably require more than just cranking your Torsion bars up. 
Nope. I ran 35/12.50 BFG Mud Terrain with no rubbing, and now these 305-75's with just a little rub on the frame at full lock. This is with the factory 18" wheels and just cranking the factory keys for a level.

6 minutes ago, rocnrol said:

Nope. I ran 35/12.50 BFG Mud Terrain with no rubbing, and now these 305-75's with just a little rub on the frame at full lock. This is with the factory 18" wheels and just cranking the factory keys for a level.

I understand what you’re saying works however I thought he said something about liking the look of 35s on 22s. Does he have stock 22s? If not he will have to be careful about what he chooses! 

I'm trying to resurrect this thread. Go read this table of some members tire sizes and what lift/level they have for ideas. RHStansbury created a google doc with the information, click on the "Results" link.

You can also go to the "Form" link and input your own truck info to help others.

18 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I'm trying to resurrect this thread. Go read this table of some members tire sizes and what lift/level they have for ideas. RHStansbury created a google doc with the information, click on the "Results" link.

You can also go to the "Form" link and input your own truck info to help others.

Good idea thanks! Didn’t know about it. 

1 hour ago, 4wdriver said:

I understand what you’re saying works however I thought he said something about liking the look of 35s on 22s. Does he have stock 22s? If not he will have to be careful about what he chooses! 

stock 20's

10 hours ago, rocnrol said:

Congrats on coming over emoji869.pngemoji41.pngemoji106.png

All I did was turn up my bars with the factory keys to level the front end. I also have bags in the back, and with 5-10 psi in them, it adds about an 1" to the rear.

I run 305-75-18 tires on factory 18" wheels and only have slight rubbing on the frame at full lock. 992c90aebad1aaa278f8a3d115967025.jpgdba9b87aae0266388c182fe2efaca254.jpgd93f4d6683670e82cecbb7cca24cc251.jpg

The more I look at your truck the more I love it. What exactly did you do to the front and rear? Brands you used? ride quality?

• Like 1

The more I look at your truck the more I love it. What exactly did you do to the front and rear? Brands you used? ride quality?
Thanks for the compliment!

In the front I just turned up the torsion bars with the factory keys, that got me pretty much 2" of lift in the front. In the rear I have a set of Firestone air bags for towing. When I'm empty or not towing I have about 5-10 psi of air in the bags just so they don't get ruined. That puts the rear around a 1" of lift.

The ride is the same or better than stock.

I really love this truck, it's in my top three out of the 7 I've owned in my life.

• Like 1