2016 Silverado ltz oem led taillights harness

I’m getting a great deal on a set of the led ltz taillights but the do not include any wire harness I’m looking to buy the gen5diy harness to make them work but it still requires the original wires coming out of the lamps I’ve been looking in all the gm parts websites and they only show the regular non led harnesses any help would be appreciated 

• Like 2

I’m getting a great deal on a set of the led ltz taillights but the do not include any wire harness I’m looking to buy the gen5diy harness to make them work but it still requires the original wires coming out of the lamps I’ve been looking in all the gm parts websites and they only show the regular non led harnesses any help would be appreciated 

What year is your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad - I thought I read Headlights, which you wouldn’t need the harness. But for the tail lights, you’re correct. You need the factory LTZ harness.

• 2 months later...
On 12/30/2017 at 9:34 PM, Julio13 said:

I’ve checked gm parts websites asked if they would have them but they say no I guess since when you buy the taillight the harness is included

Any luck finding a part number for the wiring harness? 

On 12/29/2017 at 3:03 AM, Julio13 said:

If you don’t mind my asking, where did you find a great deal on LTZ tail lights? I’ve been scouring eBay and Craigslist for a good deal, but striking out so far...

I never bought them had a hard time finding the original wiring that came with those lights but I found them in an app called OfferUp you find bunch of stuff for our trucks there other things too it’s people selling different things around your area I was getting the lights for 150

• Like 1

By the way, I ordered the LTZ harnesses from GMPartsgiant and the order was cancelled. They say “because it is no longer available”.

But another member@nasty ordered from the dealer and was able to get it.

• Like 1

84233591 (L) and 84233592 (R) are correct.  The old numbers were 23252311 (L) and 23252312 (R).  There is availability for both right side numbers, new and old, but on the left only the new number is good. 

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, I ordered the LTZ harnesses from GMPartsgiant and the order was cancelled. They say “because it is no longer available”.

But another member[mention=162984]nasty[/mention] ordered from the dealer and was able to get it.

When swapping tail lights for the OEM LED style, are they plug and play with the correct harness or do you need load resistors similar to the one on Gen5Diy? Do you have a kit instead of buying from them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

But another member[mention=162984]nasty[/mention] ordered from the dealer and was able to get it.

When swapping tail lights for the OEM LED style, are they plug and play with the correct harness or do you need load resistors similar to the one on Gen5Diy? Do you have a kit instead of buying from them?

46 minutes ago, CKrado said:

It is 2-part.  If you have a 2016+ Truck, and get 2016+ Tail Lights, you will need the factory tail light harness for the LED Tail Light.  You'll need to swap the harnesses out.  You will end up with Hyperflash.  The gen5diy harness is simply an inline harness that plugs in between the factory harness and the connection under the bed.  

The reason you need the factory harnesses is because the new Tail Light only has 1 input connector for the entire assembly and 1 input of the reverse bulb.