2016 Silverado ltz oem led taillights harness

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, pgamboa said:

It is 2-part.  If you have a 2016+ Truck, and get 2016+ Tail Lights, you will need the factory tail light harness for the LED Tail Light.  You'll need to swap the harnesses out.  You will end up with Hyperflash.  The gen5diy harness is simply an inline harness that plugs in between the factory harness and the connection under the bed.  

The reason you need the factory harnesses is because the new Tail Light only has 1 input connector for the entire assembly and 1 input of the reverse bulb.

Do you happen to know which color wires would need the resistors on the factory LTZ harness? I figure it would be about half the cost to buy an extra LTZ harness set and then tap in with my own resistors versus buying the gen5diy harness that does the same thing with an extension harness...

Do you happen to know which color wires would need the resistors on the factory LTZ harness? I figure it would be about half the cost to buy an extra LTZ harness set and then tap in with my own resistors versus buying the gen5diy harness that does the same thing with an extension harness...

Don’t know what color off the top of my head, but just do a voltage test when using your blinkers to see which wire is causing the hyper flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

One last question - I'm assuming only one resistor on each side is all that is needed for the LTZ harness/LTZ LED tail lights. I would like to use the VLED resistors. Would 6ohm/25w be adequate? They also have a 3ohm/50w resistor... 

6 hours ago, DEV1ST8R said:

If I recall, green is the turn signal, black is ground.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DEV1ST8R said:

One last question - I'm assuming only one resistor on each side is all that is needed for the LTZ harness/LTZ LED tail lights. I would like to use the VLED resistors. Would 6ohm/25w be adequate? They also have a 3ohm/50w resistor... 

For rear tail lights, you'll want a 3 ohm.  I use 3 ohm - 100 watt resistor for my builds.  They've been running strong for over 6 months now.

• Like 1

Got my LTZ lights installed last night after getting them smoked. Love the looks of these lights compared to the lower model non-LED lights3942a8b2df5d4d0b9a2efed1179d0785.jpg044a2958edfa36d30f321cc4d199c48c.jpgbaa53f95777bcc812d0efc37158961a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Is the top square, above the reverse light square, just a reflector? Or does it light up with the brakes?
Just a reflector

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

If you get the adapters from gen5, opt for the double resistor. It uses 2 resistors per side and splits the load evenly. They get so damn hot if you use only 1 resistor. I just made a mounting plate so that way they dont touch anything.

15333031666113440181002070309295.jpg

20180803_093400.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
For rear tail lights, you'll want a 3 ohm.  I use 3 ohm - 100 watt resistor for my builds.  They've been running strong for over 6 months now.

Hey Phil, are those resistors still working out for you. I have one 3 ohm 50 watt resistor on each taillight and keep switching them out every few months because they overheat and burn out. Is there a higher quality resistor I should use or should I just put on the 3ohm 100 watt resistors?
  • Like 1

Hey Phil, are those resistors still working out for you. I have one 3 ohm 50 watt resistor on each taillight and keep switching them out every few months because they overheat and burn out. Is there a higher quality resistor I should use or should I just put on the 3ohm 100 watt resistors?

Been using 3 ohm - 100 watt for almost 2 years now without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk