Roof Lights Wiring Harness ???

STKR

I’ve been reading almost every thread about adding roof lights, and I’m left with a question of which OEM wiring harness to buy. 

I have a 2016 Silverado 2500HD, CC, 4WD, LTZ, with 6.0L Flex. 

Every parts supplier I’ve searched shows two witinging harnesses (see link below). The available 23170759 (w/o digital audio), and the discontinued 23263695 (w/ digital audio). 

I’m pretty sure I have the digital audio system, since I have everything except the Bose option, so wouldn’t I need the discontinued harness?  What am I missing? 

I know that I can simply cut off the factory connectors, then solder/heat-shrink the wires, and tie them into the parking lamp circuit in the passenger side fuse box, but that’s a lot of overhead soldering work. It would also require fully removing the headliner for proper access. The other option would be using sealed Scotch-Lok connectors. Plug-N-Play is just soooo much easier. 

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/auto-parts/2016/chevrolet/silverado-2500-hd/ltz-trim/6-0l-v8-flex-engine/body-cat/roof-lamps-scat

Thanks In Advance, and Happy New Year  ?

I’ve been reading almost every thread about adding roof lights, and I’m left with a question of which OEM wiring harness to buy. 

I have a 2016 Silverado 2500HD, CC, 4WD, LTZ, with 6.0L Flex. 

Every parts supplier I’ve searched shows two witinging harnesses (see link below). The available 23170759 (w/o digital audio), and the discontinued 23263695 (w/ digital audio). 

I’m pretty sure I have the digital audio system, since I have everything except the Bose option, so wouldn’t I need the discontinued harness?  What am I missing? 

I know that I can simply cut off the factory connectors, then solder/heat-shrink the wires, and tie them into the parking lamp circuit in the passenger side fuse box, but that’s a lot of overhead soldering work. It would also require fully removing the headliner for proper access. The other option would be using sealed Scotch-Lok connectors. Plug-N-Play is just soooo much easier. 

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/auto-parts/2016/chevrolet/silverado-2500-hd/ltz-trim/6-0l-v8-flex-engine/body-cat/roof-lamps-scat

Thanks In Advance, and Happy New Year  [emoji41]

Honestly test that third pin in the passengers side fuse box first. I had no power going to mine had to cut off the plug anyway. If I had to do it again I would just pre make a harness then install when installing the lights. I bought the harness with intent of removing the old one. But the wires that are with it run through behind the glove box. I wasn’t about to start taking everything out. So I gutted the new harness for the 3 light connectors only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point about pre-making a harness. I’m sure I could get some connector pin/socket kits online.  The money I save on the harness could pay for the 3/4” square hole draw punch for the roof holes. 

I’ve seen the glovebox removal videos, and they’re not too bad. Just a few screws and they pop out. 

Good point about pre-making a harness. I’m sure I could get some connector pin/socket kits online.  The money I save on the harness could pay for the 3/4” square hole draw punch for the roof holes. 

I’ve seen the glovebox removal videos, and they’re not too bad. Just a few screws and they pop out. 

Yea I mean it’s totally up to you either way you can also order the harness for the Recon lights use them solder them. And wrap it in gm harness tape. I cut the holes with the small Dremel cut off disc went through like butter.

Did some checking on this and found the roof lights are listed as “E3A”.

I think I have these connectors and pins if you want to make your harness. These look like the same connectors I used for the door handles.

a1ba95ccf72b55a709d3ce54339762c8.jpg

29 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Did some checking on this and found the roof lights are listed as “E3A”.

I think I have these connectors and pins if you want to make your harness. These look like the same connectors I used for the door handles.

a1ba95ccf72b55a709d3ce54339762c8.jpg

Thanks Phil. 

Archived