New here, help with changing my 2017 chrome lt grill to z71 color matched

On 1/1/2018 at 6:49 PM, SirenRed16 said:

First you should look for a reputable shop to do the work unless your planning on doing the job yourself. If you want to see how it would look Google a truck same color as yours but search for a z71 and it'll be color matched. That should give you an idea how it would look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I too am looking for this same look. My truck is black , it’s a 2017 Chevy Silverado crew cab LT1with the z71 performance package. I’ve changed the side mirrors and the running boards as well. Hope fine that look some where. 

F880AA34-C163-48CC-9ABB-D3A50029A193.jpeg

68C06392-9A66-424D-870C-8FC924B21189.jpeg

I chrome really that unpopular now?

It's more unpopular now than it was when you asked 3 years ago poolboy. Sad. I think chrome rules. Look at the front of a z71 with 60,000-70,000 miles on it. Looks like someone shot a bb gun at it with all the rock chips . Ugly. Chrome don't chip like paint. Even the cheap chrome gm uses. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

It's more unpopular now than it was when you asked 3 years ago poolboy. Sad. I think chrome rules. Look at the front of a z71 with 60,000-70,000 miles on it. Looks like someone shot a bb gun at it with all the rock chips . Ugly. Chrome don't chip like paint. Even the cheap chrome gm uses. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yes, I think chrome makes a truck look "premium" or "upscale", especially on a white or black truck.  I agree that painted front-ends look like total ****** after just a few months of driving.  I owned one once upon a time and it looked like crap to the point I was embarrassed to drive it.  No way I would own one now without wrapping it in XPEL before getting it home from the dealer.

• Like 1