Sign in to follow this  
carnau

Oil life reset procedure

Quick help video for servicing yourself.

Random and interesting fact, although not totally related directly to the OLM, the traction control and Stabilitrak are in the DIC now on Equinox/Terrain.  Its under the Vehicle Information tab.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 1A Auto Parts
      A variety of hammers can provide many forms of extra force to get the job done.

Our Hammer Set comes with:
      (1) 16oz Ball Pein Hammer
      (1) 32oz Ball Pein Hammer
      (1) 3lb Sledge Hammer
      (1) 3lb Cross Pein Hammer
      (1) 32oz Rubber Mallet
      (1) 32oz Dead Blow Hammer
      Product Grade: Heavy Duty
      Tool Grip Type: Slip Resistant Textured Grip
      Item Condition: New

Comes with free shipping and backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

• By Ramos88
      I am looking to see if anyone has been able to program their own key fobs with any cheaper machines. I have seen the Dorman programmers on eBay and Amazon which can program a 2016 Sierra Key fob. I would like to purchase a programmer or something similar like a diagnostic tool that could also program my wife’s 2012 Malibu or at least the newer GM trucks. Has anyone had luck or know of anyone able to program keys and key fobs with any cheaper tools? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 
    • By ObscureGlock
      Hey all! So, as y’all know I have a 2014 Silverado. I installed LED reverse and cargo bulbs a couple months ago but I noticed there’s interference, and I don’t know what to do to fix it.

Calling all electricians out there that know what I could do to fix this.

Open for any responses, suggestions, and solutions.

Thanks, y’all!
    • By L83_Z71
      Morning/ Afternoon, 

I have a question about over filling your oil with the newer silverado's. I recently just changed my oil since I got my truck about 3 months ago using the 0W-20 mobil 1. I put in 8 quarts exacly (without filling the filter). let it sit for a second then started her up. Truck ran for a couple of minutes then I shut it off, let it sit for about 10 min and checked the oil. I was not able to read the oil level as accurately as Im used to due to how freaking light the color of the oil lol, so light! I drove it for about a 100 miles, let it sit then checked it again. oil level was right above the hatch line if not right on it so I drained out just a tad to make me feel better then checked again. Now its sitting just above the top dimple but still within the hatch line area. So I guess my question is... Do  you think over filling that much would be enough to damage any internals or pump? Any insight is very much appreciated, thank you. 
    • By The.Sundae.Drive
      The Sundae Drive does an in-depth video showing how to install an oil catch can for a 2014 Silverado 5.3L. What are the benefits of an oil catch can? Well if you visit the follwing sites you can read all about the benefits and importance of running an oil catch can. Catch cans are NOT ONLY for turbo/supercharger applications. They can be very beneficial for people with naturally aspirated setups. https://www.redline-motorworks.com/bl... http://oilcatchcan.com/oil-catch-can-... Purpose of your Stock PCV System: The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system is designed to regulate and remove fumes from the engine crankcase and to alleviate crankcase pressure which could cause oil leaks or seal damage. The PCV system routes crankcase fumes into the intake manifold where they can be burned to eliminate harmful emissions into the atmosphere. The PCV valve controls the amount of crankcase flow volume depending on the engine's load. With large throttle openings (high engine loads), the more blow-by gases are produced, and the more the PCV system flows oil vapor into the intake manifold. A small amount of that ignited mixture leaks past the piston rings and ends up in the crankcase. This leakage is often referred to a "blow-by" or leakage past the pistons. Some of the oil mist and other products settle along the engine intake and over time form a "gunk". Our oil catch can collect the oil mist and condensed the fuel vapors while allowing "cleaner" gasses to pass back into the intake manifold. To pick up a Catch Can of your own go check out: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/ Here is the link for the E2 Catch itself and a diagram showing how it works! http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2...