Bought a 1972 C10 long box in March of 2017. Truck was a 1 owner truck from Montana where I live now. Had no motor or transmission. Got the truck for $500. I have always loved the 67-72 C10's and  thanks to some influence from my wife I went on a road trip and got the truck. Since I have owned it I have converted the long box to a short box, adding power steering, put in an LS 5.3 out of a 2004 Suburban, 4L60E tranny, new inner rockers, outer rockers, cab corners, floor boards, inner fenders, outside fenders, new box, new front and rear bumpers, Dakota Digital VHX guages, new tilt steering column, modified leather seat out of a 2006 Ford F150 truck (I know it has a ford part in it lol :( ) rewired whole truck, new factory rally wheels and tires, all LED lights....Im sure theres a ton of stuff I'm missing. Now I'm on to getting truck ready for paint. This truck puts the biggest smile on my face when I drive it. I love the new LS motor, its no race truck but it definitely gets up and goes when I step on it. Thanks to this forum and everyone on it for motivating me to do my own build. This will not be a show truck by any means and still has a long way to go. The body work has been the hardest part and Ive learned a lot as I go. Just thought Id share some pics with you all. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Looking good to me. I would like to come across an AC truck for $500 also. I think an LS with an auto and AC would make a great cruiser. IMO, there is nothing wrong with the color it is now. Keep up the good work.

I've got a 70 vette that I did an LS conversion on about 10 years ago. I did a 5 speed and added power steering also. Makes for a great cruiser. 

Thanks Eddie 70. I agree that an A/C cab would be perfect. I do HVAC for a living so I think adding A/C will be my next project.

I'm Wrapping up my Dakota gauges this weekend. More pics to come of that when its done. 

In hindsight the worst thing about my LS swap is that I took the factory harness and stripped the parts out that I knew I didn't want. I pulled the smog stuff out AND the AC. I wish I would have left the wires and the pins for the AC intact and just tapped them back out of the way.

Archived