In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

On 1/7/2018 at 3:16 PM, davester said:

The motive power bleeder is NOT "universal".  If you go to their website, they list a number of different caps, based on make/year, because everyone doesn't use the same cap, and it has to fit very well or else you wind up just spraying brake fluid everywhere.

As a second note, if you use it, and try to follow the instructions in GM's full-service manual for pressure bleeding, the pressure that GM says to use can/will blow off the plastic cap they normally sell for GM's.  They make a billet-metal one that will stay on when under that pressure for a little more money...

Actually that cap that comes on the listing I posted IS universal. True it may not fit every single mastercylinder known to man, it's fit my silverado, mustang, vw, and kia.  If you have many vehicles, like me, it's more cost effective to buy the universal cap and not the vehicle specific ones.  To each their own, I realize everyone is an expert on the internet. 

Also you only need about 15 psi to bleed the silverado brakes. It may bleed slightly slower but we're only talking a minute extra in time.  If you can blow off the universal cap it's because you didn't connect it right or you pressurized it to 5000psi (which isn't possible).  

I'd be more than happy to post up some pictures or a video if anyone thinks the universal cap won't work with the silverado. 

I built a pressure bleeder using my pump-up garden sprayer and a replacement master cylinder reservoir cap with a barbed hose fitting to attach the sprayer hose to. I was able to flush the fluid in my ‘08 Silverado in about 30 min. The sprayer has a valve stem added to it to pressurize it and check the pressure with a gauge. 10 psi worked great. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, HoosierZ said:

I built a pressure bleeder using my pump-up garden sprayer and a replacement master cylinder reservoir cap with a barbed hose fitting to attach the sprayer hose to. I was able to flush the fluid in my ‘08 Silverado in about 30 min. The sprayer has a valve stem added to it to pressurize it and check the pressure with a gauge. 10 psi worked great. 

I did this exact same thing with my 2010, worked like a charm.  (I installed a pressure gauge directly to the sprayer bottle)  

At 40k miles, the fluid was dark as coffee. 

I noticed tonight actually, the fluid in the reservoir of my 2015 was starting to darken.  (28k miles)  I'll probably flush it come spring around 35k, a little over two years of ownership.

3 hours ago, HoosierZ said:

I built a similar one years ago also. Mine has a pressure gauge on the side of the spray bottle. I used it for brakes on my old corvette. I have since used it to pressurized the coolant system on two vehicles to find a leaky water pump gasket on my own 02 Z06 and a cracked radiator in my wife's H3. Handy tools.