In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
techsan15

Level/lift with no steps, Seat Wear

Thinking of pulling off my RB10s for a cleaner look.

Post pics of drivers seat if you have a level/lift without steps and how many miles. trying to get an idea of how the K2xx seat quality is.

Or just seat wear and mileage in general. I think it could be a useful thread.

6 hours ago, techsan15 said:

Thinking of pulling off my RB10s for a cleaner look.

Post pics of drivers seat if you have a level/lift without steps and how many miles. trying to get an idea of how the K2xx seat quality is.

Or just seat wear and mileage in general. I think it could be a useful thread.

I too would like to know.  Just bought a 17 and trying to decide if I need to buy a step bar.

I have 14k miles on my 16 and my seat has no wear as of yet. Has the 2" level in front.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't know if the absence of side steps will wear out your seats faster but the comfort of your passengers will be an issue.  I started adding sidesteps to my pickups when my kids were young in the 80's.  Now my peer group is older and I have grandchildren, I continue to need sidesteps! There are many great looking choices that actually enhance the look of our trucks, imo.

I have a 2.5 inch level and 34s on my 16 Sierra with no steps. I've had it this way for 38K of my 42K miles I've put on it since. I have notice some creasing on the cushion on the driver's side. I have cloth interior, so I don't expect any ripping unless I forget my keys on my belt regularly. I will try to remember to get a few pictures. Even with the driver's assist handle I find myself sliding across the seat to gain entry. If it gets any worse I may invest in some AMP steps.

I have roughly 2.5-3" of lift with 275/70-18's.  My seat is getting pretty worn at around 60k miles.  It actually this month has finally worn through on the same spot that RaginCajun has described. I am 6' 1", I do however work for a construction company and use my truck on site quite frequently.  I'm in and out of it probably 30-40 times a day or more so its used quite a bit on site. I just put steps on it after Christmas and my girlfriend and other co workers who drive it have said it makes a world of difference.  I don't have any pics right now but if I remember later I'll try and take some. 

I don't know if the absence of side steps will wear out your seats faster but the comfort of your passengers will be an issue.  I started adding sidesteps to my pickups when my kids were young in the 80's.  Now my peer group is older and I have grandchildren, I continue to need sidesteps! There are many great looking choices that actually enhance the look of our trucks, imo.

I have the RB10s which to me are the sleekest besides Amps. I want to remove for a cleaner look and it also makes it look taller IMO. Just wondering how well these held up. 

19188d7ad7df61dbbc0c06dba535bba5.jpg

Also if anyone has replaced the seat due to wear, what was the cost? I am cool with wearing them out in 60K if i can live with the replacement cost haha.

I have the RB10s which to me are the sleekest besides Amps. I want to remove for a cleaner look and it also makes it look taller IMO. Just wondering how well these held up.  
19188d7ad7df61dbbc0c06dba535bba5.jpg

Also if anyone has replaced the seat due to wear, what was the cost? I am cool with wearing them out in 60K if i can live with the replacement cost haha.

Don't know about the cover but the foam alone was 80.00 from dealer. I bought a new one before I put my Katzkin in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m at 45k miles and my leather on the driver seat is creased pretty bad, and I have super grandpa style westin steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My leather seat had tons of creases in 5k miles until I made it a habit to use the step. I’m 6’4” and I still have to slide down the seat to get out if I don’t use the step.

step is pretty much mandatory with leather seats IMO.

since I started using the step, almost 0 wear in the remaining 37k miles.

5 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

My leather seat had tons of creases in 5k miles until I made it a habit to use the step. I’m 6’4” and I still have to slide down the seat to get out if I don’t use the step.

step is pretty much mandatory with leather seats IMO.

since I started using the step, almost 0 wear in the remaining 37k miles.

pretty much what i figured. guess Amps will be my next mod...

Anyone find a solution product that has been working? This is what mine looks like at 50k miles. I’ve conditioned it twice with Hendricks but I don’t think it’s been making a difference. What does everyone else use? 6547b1d71139cfc4060ff385e3b0fd8f.jpgfef68c8f8c8308c27c1de2e9eb28dfe5.jpg9a9575485a8493e04cb20ef132fa01c5.jpg

I have an LTZ, are the seats even leather? The top of the seat feels different than the sides. It feels extremely cheap to be leatjer and with only 6000 miles on mine, stock height with AMP powersteps, it has worn more than other vehicles I've had with 60,000 miles. (I weigh 165lbs)

Thinking about buying a new driver seat and keeping it in a closet until original gets bad.

Edited by ChristopherDB

Installing a Drivers Side Pillar Handle helps minimize seat wear. I use it every time entering and exiting the truck.

Allows me to "lift" and sit on the seat, rather than sliding sideways into it.

I have a 2" level and do not like running boards.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 2

That’s the main reason I dropped from SLT to SLE in GMC trucks. Eight months in my leather seats would look like hell no matter what I did. In doing that I discovered GM makes very comfortable cloth seats. I was going to go with Katzkin covers but didn’t want to mess with a good thing.