Gorehamj

KBB: Silverado and Sierra Top Ford F-150 For Resale Value

silverado HD 18 towing.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

1-12-2018

The 2018 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra finished just ahead of the Ford F-150 in the newest list of Kelly Blue Book (KBB) Best Resale Value Rankings. The trucks finished fifth and sixth overall in the rankings of all vehicles – not just trucks.

“Chevrolet recently celebrated 100 years as a truck maker,” said Sandor Piszar, director of Marketing, Chevrolet Trucks. “We’ve built more than 85 million dependable, long-lasting pickups with an emphasis on quality, which will continue to be an integral focus for our lineup moving forward.”

The top vehicle overall was the Toyota Tacoma, followed by the Tundra and 4Runner. Chevy’s Colorado was 8th overall, and the Tahoe topped its class as did the Silverado HD.

These are projected resale values of course. More at KBB .

Shocked!  Nothing surprising here Toyota being the most stagnant of all manufactures and FERD's 2.7L,3.5L Ecoboost junk.  Looks good Ferd let's talk to some ecoboost owners after 150K?  That's what I thought............................

I personally think the new front end Chevrolet went with looks just right. Ford has the aluminum body but too much chrome, fake or real and the whole "Busy", Not really sure how that's working for some,  But the Silverado full size is the real bread winner. I'm not real sure of why I dislike the Canyon and Colorado. They somehow look like there something missing.  Looks kinda like they were pressed together at the top, like they hope to be full size one day ?????

SANY0617.JPG

Edited by Killain

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CMoore711
      I purchased the wheels brand new from a Giovanna Wheel shop and have since chosen to go with a different set of wheels.  Unfortunately the wheel shop I purchased from does not accept returns, so I am listing the wheels for sale.   Wheels are brand new and unmounted, I only unboxed (1) wheel for picture purposes only, then it was repackaged with all the original manufacturer's packaging.   Wheel Details: Giovanna Dramuno 6 Machine Black Finish Size: 24" x 10" Offset: +30 mm Bolt Pattern:  6 x 139.7 Center Bore: 78.1 mm   Fitment: 2007+ Yukon/Yukon XL, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, Sierra 1500, Silverado, Avalanche,   Wheels will ship double boxed and with all original manufacturer's packaging just as received from Giovanna.   Asking Price is $1,750 OBO shipped to the continental U.S. Prefer Payment via PayPal I'm located in Dayton, OH and would be willing to meet up within a reasonable distance.   Plastic Protective Cover still on Center Caps:   One of the deepest concave style wheels available; About 3" Deep Concave from rim lip down to center cap:   Repackaged with Original Manufacturer's Plastic Lip Protector:   Some "Stock" Images:
    • By btj_z71
      Hey Forum,

Regarding the oil drain plug on the 2014 5.3L, is anyone using aftermarket magnetic plugs?  What about a magnetic oil filter sleeve, or both?  Just curious because last weekend I changed the fluid in my front & rear differentials, and transfer case - all of which have magnetic plugs on them.  However, none of of them have filters so, I assume adding a magnetic drain plug or filter sleeve would not make much difference since that is what the oil filter is for.  Again, just curious to see everyone's thoughts!
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-12-2018

Chevrolet announced prices today for the new 2019 4500 HD Chassis Cab medium-duty truck. Prices will start at $48,465 including the $1,495 destination charge.

“These new Silverado chassis cabs are a great addition to our lineup because we can now offer small businesses and large fleets a truck that can be upfitted to do many jobs including construction, utility and landscape work, tow truck operations, first responder calls and more,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president, GM Fleet. “Chevrolet was obsessed with making these Silverado trucks easy to upfit, drive and own.”

Chevy says the ultimate Chevrolet Silverado is the 6500HD, which is similar in size to the 4500HD and 5500HD but is rated to 22,900 pounds GVWR. “Bucket truck builders, fleet managers and many other customers told us they face a dilemma when their GVWR needs exceed 19,500 lbs.,” said John Schwegman, director of Commercial Product and Medium Duty at GM Fleet. “Some pay for expensive aluminum bodies to save weight so they can stay with a Class 5 chassis. Others may spend $10,000 or more to purchase a larger truck with much more GVWR than they need. The Silverado 6500HD gives them capability and protects their bottom line. It’s a great solution.”

Here are the features of the new 2019 Silverado medium-duty line:
      -The Silverado will be available in 2WD and 4WD and will be powered by a Duramax 6.6-liter diesel engine with 350 horsepower and 700 lb.-ft. of torque and Allison transmissions with a Power Take Off (PTO) option.
      -The frame is designed with one-piece straight rails with no rivets or brackets on top to interfere with the mounting of custom-made bodies. There are no obstacles to work around helping to save time and money during the upfit process.
      -More frame lengths are offered compared with key competitors, which can help customers specify the exact truck to suit their needs.
      -The truck is designed to be easy to service, with a clamshell hood and a wheel cut of up to 50 degrees that can give technicians better engine access than trucks with conventional hoods.
      -Optional equipment includes a twin-tank fuel capacity of up to 65 gallons, a factory-installed air suspension and a full suite of available connectivity, including OnStar, Commercial Link and a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot.

Look for the new Silverado medium-duty trucks at any one of Chevy's 400 commercial dealers late this year.  

• By 17Sierra1500
      Taken from a 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate  - - 22" GM CK164 Wheels and tires package for sale.
        4 wheels, 22x9 aluminum + 4 tires + 4 TPMS sensors installed + 4 tires mounted + 4 center caps   TPMS sensors and Lug Nuts INCLUDED   OEM wheel part number 19301164 7-spoke silver with black inserts and they retail about $500 each.   285/45R22 Brigestone Dueler A/T RH-S tires have 30K on them but they definitely still have some life left in them - I don't have a tire tread gauge or I could tell you the exact depth.   All parts listed here are OEM Factory parts unlike the cheap knock-off replicas you find on the internet.   Located in Columbia, Missouri.  $1800 OBO   I'm not really interested in shipping them as I'm sure it would cost a fortune.