All-New 2019 Silverado Details: New Diesel Engine, Weight Savings, Steel Bed, 8 Trims, More Space

Gorehamj

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the auto-start-stop feature.  My wife drives a Cady that has this.  It is very much something you must get used to using, it requires some slight drive method adjustments.  Once you do get used to it, there are some nice trade offs.  The total quiet at a stoplight, and no engine shake while idling.  Not that there is much shake these days, but when it's 100% off, you do notice the nice still silence.  PLUS, the massive MPG increase in the city.  Seriously, this is a major plus.  That alone would make me want to use it on my daily commutes.  But, I do hope they in fact allow it to be turned off when wanted.  It's not helpful 100% of the time.  I'm sure they are doing this to meet new government guidelines for MPG in the near future.  There'll be more changes from all truck makers soon due to these guidelines.

During the live feed release, they stated the trucks were to be built in Fort Wayne and in Mexico, with the last of the 2018's being built in Oshawa.

Currently, the CC 1500’s are built in Mexico, the DC 1500’s are built in Ft Wayne.
So we can assume it to remain the same for 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interior is bland at best, and that display looks like a cheap Chinese Droid tablet... No thanks.

The Chevy? It looks exactly like it does now in the current model.
Nothing wrong with it.

But, much like the 2014, this truck will roll out in crew cab form first. And they stranded Fort Wayne is going to be the first plant to assemble the trucks. 

7 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

Currently, the CC 1500’s are built in Mexico, the DC 1500’s are built in Ft Wayne.
So we can assume it to remain the same for 2019?

8 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

The Chevy? It looks exactly like it does now in the current model.
Nothing wrong with it.

Yes, it is horrid - GM’s interiors have gone downhill since MY07, and they continue that trend.

9 minutes ago, dewfpo said:

Is the steering wheel still offset like on my '05?

DEWFPO

No, finally cantered.  The Guys from TFL truck pointed that out in a vid from the unveiling.

Wonder when they will release power numbers?  Real curious about the I-6 Dmax.

Yes, it is horrid - GM’s interiors have gone downhill since MY07, and they continue that trend.

I disagree. I like the interior layout of my 2017. Very functional and well laid out. The 8” touch display works great. Especially with Apple CarPlay and Android auto.

8 minutes ago, Daly said:

The worst interior is the 99-07 interior. I've never owned a GM truck with so many squeaks and rattles.

My 2003 was a terrible rattletrap too. The new trucks have their issues but I'd never take a step backward. 

12 minutes ago, Daly said:

The worst interior is the 99-07 interior. I've never owned a GM truck with so many squeaks and rattles.

My '03 2500HD doesn't squeak or rattle and I've got 250k on it.  Love that truck. Also it's the LT2 trim with cloth seats which my wife finds more comfortable than the leather seats in her '12 LTZ.

I owned a 2000 Z71 and I've had 3 Company trucks (01, 05 and 07) and everyone of them rattled and squeaked. The only thing the GMT800 had going for it was the driveline. Other than that, it had a cheap interior and even cheaper brake lines.

And before anyone says, "well they were company trucks and probably abused", they were mine from new and they were Foreman trucks. Never abused.

Archived