Question on adding subwoofer to 2018 Bose system

11 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

I'm interested in this also. The description on that 'shopchevyparts' page isn't to good. Does the kit come with an amp?

I have Bose also. Is the kit the same for Bose and non Bose systems?

Thanks..

There are 2 different setups. If you have Bose it would be the Substage that has a 200W amp attached to the sub. The setup for non Bose has a separate amp that connects under the dash somewhere.  The price for Bose is around $550 and non Bose setup is around $900.  Just make sure you select the correct one, Crew cab or Double Cab as they are different.

16 hours ago, DCazares said:

There are 2 different setups. If you have Bose it would be the Substage that has a 200W amp attached to the sub. The setup for non Bose has a separate amp that connects under the dash somewhere.  The price for Bose is around $550 and non Bose setup is around $900.  Just make sure you select the correct one, Crew cab or Double Cab as they are different.

Thanks!

On 1/17/2018 at 3:53 PM, DCazares said:

It's the SSIEXT14 (kicker model name) for the BOSE equipped Double Cab. I'm guessing the GM part number is the 19303118

http://www.kicker.com/SSIEXT14

Ok, so for the Bose system that doesn't have the console/sub, that is a crew cab... this is the one that I want?

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2018-silverado-1500-crew-cab-audio-upgrade-kicker-subwoofer-kit/19303118-p-92297287.html

That has the amp and sub in one, and just plugs right in?

It’s a good sub but I don’t think it’s plug and play with sub only. There is a video on it you have to tap into the rear speaker wires at the drivers side kick panel. The whole kit with sub and amp that plug and play. Because your bypassing the factory amp so they added the sub input wires into the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

It’s a good sub but I don’t think it’s plug and play with sub only. There is a video on it you have to tap into the rear speaker wires at the drivers side kick panel. The whole kit with sub and amp that plug and play. Because your bypassing the factory amp so they added the sub input wires into the harness.

Right, but the one I am looking at is the amp and sub in one, that should be plug and play, or at least that is what I assumed.  The amp is built in, and there is a wire harness for it that you plug into, and then run your power wire.

The amp is built into the sub enclosure but the control wire needs to be ran to the speaker output. The power wire goes out to the battery circuit breakers.

228906073898564652efdfe9c85da69a.jpg

See the 2 taps with the connector that has to be T tapped into your factory rear speaker output. It’s not that bad but I have heard the wires are a pain to find. Gotta cut the harness tape and find them. The sub is pretty good for a neat thought out install it does the job.

Shop down the street is gonna install a JL Audio 8" ported sub under the passenger rear seat, plus a 250W RMS amp, and some line level converter with accu-base or some other... Less than $700 all installed.  I researched a bit and Kicker just doesn't seem like they are what they used to be...  They seem more Walmart these days...

Archived